Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Technology Services group is seeking to identify highly motivated and qualified candidates for an opportunity as a Diagnostics Software Support / Java Profiler for one of HPE's clients in Bloomington, IL. While technical skills are important, client engagement will be key to success in this role.
As an HPE employee, you'll be responsible for onsite customer support in Bloomington, IL. As part of a team of seasoned professionals made up of multiple sub-teams, you will support our corporate client—a very large Insurance company—in Bloomington, supporting Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Software. Specifically, you will be supporting HPE's Java Profiling performance tool and the infrastructure that collects and supports reporting of that data; secondary skills in Linux is also important.
People are our strategic advantage at HPE. People with the right mindset, coupled with the right talent, education and experience, will be instrumental to HPE maintaining and extending its prominence in the global IT market.
Talent, education and experience will only take us so far. Having the right mindset means being:
- Adaptable — Takes in stride and constantly attunes to the changing needs of a highly dynamic business.
- Curious — Our key contributors are always seeking to grow their knowledge, to gain new perspectives, and to find better ways forward.
- Tenacious — Our business—our industry—demands self-starters who will takes ownership of projects and bring them to completion despite difficulties or setbacks.
Sound like a place where you can make an impact? If so, please let us hear from you by applying today!
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor's (preferred) or Associate's degree; technical field ideal
- 4+ years' experience in software programming and support
- 2+ years' experience with Linux shell scripting
- 2+ years' experience with Java programming or J2EE application server administration
- Without a Bachelor's or Associate's degree, an additional 2 years in software programming and support (for a total of 6 years)
Knowledge and Skills Required
Thanks for taking the time to review our job! If you think it is a match to your experience and interests, please apply today—we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job, please refer them.
- Willingness and ability to learn new products, processes and tools required
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and technologies and transition knowledge and skillsets to new situations
- Strong analytical and trouble-shooting skills
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively organize tasks, manage multiple tasks, adapt quickly to changing priorities, meet schedules, and deliver on customer commitments
- Thorough knowledge of company products and services offerings, company organization, competition, third party products and market trends
- Broad knowledge of corporate organization, job, and policies
- Comprehensive business, technical or functional knowledge of IT operations and Support
- Communicate tactfully with diplomacy to senior management levels within the organization
- Active listening skills and ability to adjust messages to audience level
- Problem-solving skills (proactive, reactive and creative)
- Ability to employ exemplary consulting skills by becoming a trusted advisor to the customer and providing clarity to solution determination
- Well-versed in core technical competencies and peaked in some technical area(s)
- Intermediate skills in project management, communication, analysis and presentation
- Provide suggestions for operational efficiencies
About HPE Enterprise Group (EG) Technology Services
HPE Enterprise Group Technology Services is a global service provider and business integrator delivering solutions with speed, power, precision, and passion. HPE Enterprise Group is responsible for the development and delivery of the IT infrastructure solutions at the core of the world's largest and fastest growing organizations, which includes servers, storage, networking, technology services, converged data center infrastructure, Telco and cloud solutions. As part of EG, Technology Services provides support and consulting services for HPE's Enterprise products and solutions.
With over 6000 consultants and project managers in 110 countries, TS assists clients in realigning their IT strategies and making the best use of technology to create or capitalize on business opportunities. We offer onsite services, Internet and global technology solutions to multi-site, multi-national businesses, including manufacturing, telecoms, automotive, energy, financial services, and other key industries. Services range from warranty and product support to proactive mission-critical and business continuity services, deployment and performance services, security, integrated support for complex multi-vendor environments and software publishing.
About HPE Technology Services Global Support Delivery
HPE Technology Services Global Support Delivery works with our customers to effectively manage their IT needs across their businesses, across the world. Our teams are assigned to, and engage in, projects at our customers' sites across a wide variety of industry verticals including Retail, Financial Services, Healthcare, Insurance, and Manufacturing.
The complexity of technology deployment, management, and support is creating demand for evolved technology support service offerings that meet performance, cost, availability, reliability, security, and scalability demands. The appetite for Technology Services Support is expanding rapidly as enterprises of all stripes realize they can't do it all.
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Tomorrow belongs to the fast, and HPE is in the acceleration business!
To help companies accelerate, we've created a new company, one that defines transformation—and defies business as usual. In the fast-paced, quick-release environment of the future, you need to be constantly ready for change, be resourceful, and be highly adaptable to the ever-changing business landscape.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is not only the company best equipped to build a bridge from where enterprise IT is today, to where it needs to be, but HPE is also an incredible place to build a career. As the only company that brings it all—software, hardware, services, and talented people with the right mindset—we help organizations innovate, stay competitive, and quickly turn ideas into value.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.