DHI Group, Inc., is a fast-growing provider of specialized career sites that cater to distinct professional communities. Our mission is to help our customer’s source and hire the most qualified professionals in select and highly skilled occupations, and to help those professionals find the best job opportunities in their respective fields and further their careers. To learn more about our brands please visit www.dhigroupinc.com.
When you become a DHI team member, you join a company that values their loyal and enthusiastic employees by providing them a competitive salary, great benefits, including a 401(k) match, generous paid time off, casual dress, wellness program, fitness club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Our teams are growing and we are looking for a Systems Engineer in our San Jose, CA or Urbandale, IA offices.
What you'll do as a Systems Engineer:
- You will be a key part of planning and implementing the infrastructure that supports our products. (Mostly custom developed web software and the application servers that support the software.)
- You will be creating software (configuration management, infrastructure) that defines our cloud environments.
- You will be defining and implementing monitoring and metrics that helps us improve our systems.
- You will be helping our engineers and developers be better and more efficient through technology and process.
What we're looking for in a candidate:
- We want someone who has background in software development with either some experience (or a desire to learn) how to support software in production environments. Linux performance, JVM tuning and AWS optimization are just a few of the things you'll be a part of.
- We want someone who has some experience in building and deploying software. We'll be creating and supporting release processes - some knowledge of build scripting and CI is essential.
- We want someone who can troubleshoot and solve problems effectively - from point of incident to improving our monitoring and alerting strategies.
- We want someone who has experience in automation and configuration management - and an eye for deploying these technologies strategically.
- We want someone who can not only "do", but teach and learn - someone who can work with, mentor, and be mentored by developers of all backgrounds.
- We want someone who is willing to participate in a low-volume on call rotation supporting our websites - when we build it, we own it.
- We want someone who is comfortable and familiar working in an agile environment - and who knows how to apply the principles of agile development.
- We want someone who has a BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering, a related field or equivalent work experience. (We have a wide variety of backgrounds.)