The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves. Job Description
Main-mission communication satellites, wideband links, command and telemetry, and terrestrial networks, along with their enabling technologies, are the domain of the Communication Technologies and Engineering Division. The division comprises all aspects, from architectures to implementation; our engineers work directly with corporate customers to ensure robust and resilient communications.
The Aerospace Corporation's Digital Communications Implementation Department uses software define radio and FPGA technology to design digital transceivers. Join us on the leading edge of digital communications development.What You'll Be Doing
- Develop and implement signal processing algorithms with applications to GPS / GNSS receivers and/or communication transceivers and/or digital signal processing primarily on FPGA hardware.
- Analysis of signal processing performance using Matlab, Python, or similar simulation environments.
- Prototype of cutting-edge real-time systems for emulation and proof of concept.
- Research pertaining to advanced signal processing, GPS technology and/or re-configurable communication processing.
What You Need to be Successful
- Document work products in briefings and/or technical reports to customers and colleagues.
- Bachelors froman accredited university in Electrical Engineering,Computer Science, or another related field
- 5 or more years of experience (or pursuit of advanced degree) in an area of digital signal processing, GNSS positioning and navigation, alternative navigation techniques.
- Proficiency with any of the following: MATLAB, C/C++, Python, VHDL.
- Experience with DSP algorithm design and implementation.
- Experience implementing digital communication and/or DSP algorithms in hardware using FPGAs and/or ASICs.
How You Can Stand Out
- Proficiency in Verilog or VHDL, logic implementation, and simulation tools for complex FPGA designs.
- Detailed understanding of FPGA RTL design, hardware architecture, testbench design, synthesis, static timing analysis, timing closure, and clock domain crossing.
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a clearance.
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- Masters froman accredited university in Electrical Engineering,Computer Science, or another related field
- Solid laboratory experience troubleshooting digital hardware designs using logic analyzers / Chipscope / other measurement devices.
- Experience using GNURadio, USRPs, and the RFNoC framework
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- Experience programming GPUs, hardware acceleration, process parallelization
- Experience with RF lab equipment (spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, oscilloscopes)
- Experience using Linux, Real Time operating systems and DevOps tools (Jira, Git, Jenkins...)
- Experience with Machine Learning.
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement