The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves. Job Summary
Main-mission communication satellites, wideband links, command and telemetry, and terrestrial networks, along with their enabling technologies, are the domain of the Communication Technologies and Engineering Division. The division comprises all aspects, from architectures to implementation; our engineers work directly with corporate customers to ensure robust and resilient communications.What You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making adaptations and modifications. Assignments typically have specified objectives. Contacts are primarily internal, with infrequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters.
- Engineering assignments: Performs analytical studies, conducts tests, develops details of specifications, prepares details of analytical report findings, assists in planning and development of studies and design projects.
- Systems engineering assignments: Participates in development of program interfaces between hardware and computer systems; diagnoses both hardware and software simulation tool problems; designs improvements to simulation environments; develops and/or revises programs for data reduction and analysis.
- Project engineering assignments: Performs analytical studies, conducts integration tests, and develops details of acquisition hardware/software and database specifications.
- Technology assignments: Assists in technology planning and development; performs testing and evaluation of materials and devices; develops procurement specifications and test procedures; prepares details of analytical reports, including preliminary findings and recommendations.
How You Can Stand Out
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of one year of hands-on experience
- Strong background in digital communication theory, channel, waveform (modulation and coding), digital signal processing, communication systems, modeling, simulation and performance analysis
- Software development skills in languages such as MATLAB, Python, and C++
- Ability to present results effectively in briefings and technical reports.
- Some travel might be required
- This position requires ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- Master's Degree with at least 3 years experience in engineering development and acquisition or Ph.D. in electrical engineering, communications, or systems engineering
- Experience in communication systems engineering, including design, analysis, modeling, simulation, and performance evaluation
- In-depth digital signal processing skills in subjects such as mult-irate DSP, synchronization, estimation and detection theory, and array processing
- Exposure to modern wireless communication standards and their underlying signal processing techniques
- Experience with military and commercial satellite communications
- Experience with ground networks
- Experience with real-time software and hardware design
- Hands-on laboratory experience with modems, FPGAs, Software-Defined Radios (SDR), RF hardware, antennas, and test equipment
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement