The Land and Avionics C4ISR Division (LACD), located in the North Chicago suburbs, develops operational Electronic Warfare (EW) and targeting systems that provide situational awareness, self-protection, and offensive electronic attack capability to platforms across the spectrum from visible light IR to millimeter wave RF. The LACD is also co-located with Advanced Concepts and Technology (AC&T) which provides cutting edge next generation capability to the warfighter.
By joining us, you'll work on projects that help safeguard our nation related to land forces, rotary wing survivability systems, international and U.S. military electronic warfare systems, communications systems, missile warning systems (MWS), and sensors, infrared countermeasure systems (IRCM), automatic test equipment, modeling and simulation, and situational awareness programs.
The Hardware Engineering organization plays a key role in developing these solutions. We strive to provide an exciting and challenging environment that offers both technical and management career paths. Technical career path opportunities span from entry level to Senior Consulting Engineer, and provide a proven training ground for technical growth opportunities in Systems Engineering through rotational assignments. Management opportunities include functional management positions within Hardware Engineering, as well as excellent preparation for Engineering Project Management (EPM) roles. We are a strong advocate of mentoring and professional development programs.
The Digital Electrical Engineer role involves full life-cycle product development from system concept and requirements through design, production, verification, and field support while working in integrated product teams spanning
Engineering, Manufacturing, and Program Management. Digital subsystem and circuit card designs utilize the latest FPGA technologies from all major vendors and device families including Xilinx, Altera, and Actel, and support high speed interfaces, Radio Frequency (RF) and Electro-Optical (EO) DSP, controls, data links, embedded processing and processor interfaces.
As a Digital Electrical Engineer, you will join our diverse team and be responsible for research, design, development of digital hardware products. Your expertise in digital component design and analysis, modeling and simulation, and circuit level design and test are desired for this position.
MSRMM Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors' degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar engineering discipline
- Minimum 2 years of engineering experience or a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer engineering, or similar discipline.
- Digital circuit design experience, including schematic capture through test and integration
- Proven skills to include: communicating with all levels of an organization internally and externally, adaptable, creative, collaborative and also comfortable working independently and enjoys solving difficult problems
- Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. and ability to obtain government security clearance Preferred Qualifications:
- An advanced degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- At least 1 year of digital electronics design experience
- Hands-on prototyping and debug experience testing complex digital subsystems, such as complex circuit card development involving FPGAs, and/or embedded processors, and/or high speed interfaces
- Demonstrated ability to translate system performance and operational specifications into hardware requirements, design, and test specifications
- Familiarity with documentation, revision control and review systems similar to DOORS, ClearCase, and ClearQuest
- Working knowledge of Electronic Warfare systems
- Recent circuit card design experience utilizing circuit-related tools including Cadence Concept, Allegro, and/or Mentor DxDesigner, Expedition
- Working experience with ClearCase/ClearQuest and DOORS
- Current Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO
. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.