Solidus is searching for a Digital Design Engineer.
Candidate will join a team that develops, builds, tests, and operates laser communications systems for a variety of applications and environments. Lasercom offers dramatically increased data rates and enhanced physical security relative to standard radio frequency-based communications systems. Engineer is needed for the design of high-speed, complex digital architectures necessary to support a lasercom system.
• ship and the ability to obtain DOD Secret Clearance; Active Secret preferred
• BS Degree plus 10 years' experience or MS Degree plus 5 years' experience
• Designing digital systems with high speed SerDes technologies operating up to 12.5 GHz
• Xilinx FPGA
• Design/HDL analysis
• Design calculations
• Detailed electrical analysis and design for high-speed digital systems, and power distribution
• PCB layout/oversight
• Fabrication and assembly
• Debugging prototypes and performing functional verification
• Knowledge of signal and power integrity design and analysis with SI simulation
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• High-rel space based rad tolerant designs
• Wireless communications systems
• Implementing OTN packet-based protocols i.e., 10G Ethernet
• Circuit Architectures and Algorithms
• General Electronics Expertise (Analog and Digital)
• Radiation Hardened Electronics
Job ID 4469
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Please Note: Solidus does not accept applications from agencies, 3rd party vendors, or applications with incomplete information.