This Developer position will assist in the development and maintenance of KERA s digital network, including kera.org, kxt.org and artandseek.org, apps, live streams, smart speaker skills and other products. This role involves digital project design, quality control, information architecture, cross-device testing, site and image optimization and more, and works closely with KERA Digital, Content and Marketing staff members, Information Technology and other internal stakeholders to develop, support and enhance in-house programs, projects and goals. This position also assists in brainstorming, designing and implementing new strategies for building traffic and membership revenue.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- This position should be able to handle front-end and back-end development, as well as components of website design including layout/UX principles.
- In this role, the developer must also have a strong sense of user experience/user journey in terms of how content is presented and websites function.
- This position requires the ability to multitask, switching between ongoing projects and emergent issues as needed.
- Flexibility and professionalism in working with vendors, content creators and other stakeholders related to digital content is crucial.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are vital.
- Time management skills with the ability to complete tasks on deadline are crucial.
- Problem solving and learning are more important than any specific tool or technology.
- The ability to learn, adapt and use new versions or similar of previously-mentioned tools and frameworks is a must.
- The successful candidate should have a minimum of five years experience in digital media and proven, advanced skills with the tools required to design, code and build web content.
- A bachelor s degree in digital design or a computer-related field such as computer science or information technology.
- Knowledge of the basics of Linux command line administration and services.
- Valid Texas Driver s License and insurance required for assignments/activities that may involve work outside the office and/or operating the company vehicle.
- Knowledge of Tessitura CRM.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (S3, EC2, Lambda, ACM) and Google Cloud.
- Knowledge of API development and consumption essentials
- Knowledge of SaaS essentials
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide a 1) resume and 2) cover letter summarizing professional accomplishment and qualifications relative to the position. Please also state how you found out about this position. Submit this information as you prefer:
- Email to:
- Fax to: 214-740-9323
- Mail to: Human Resources, KERA, 3000 Harry Hines Blvd., Dallas, Texas 75201
North Texas Public Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer