Digital Marketing Communications & Social Media Specialist
Herndon, VA Company Overview:
Are you a digital marketing and social media maven who swims in fast moving multi-channel communications? Are you driven by audience engagement and hashtag hijacking? Do you dig interactive content like YouTube videos, Twitter surveys and cool infographics? Do you grock Google Analytics, SEO and web trends? Are you a Swiss army knife with web, java and HTML? We are seeking a Digital Marketing Communication & Social Media Specialist to join our Marketing team.
Why Us? Exostar is a leader in cloud-based software solutions for identity and access management, collaboration and supply chain management. We were formed as a joint venture of the A&D and commercial aviation industries leaders - BAE Systems, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, and Rolls-Royce; to solve problems in trusted, secure collaboration. Exostar also provides solutions for the health care and life sciences industries with leaders such as Merck. Today, Exostar connects and enables over 220,000 organizations in more than 175 countries worldwide.
The Exostar Digital Marketing Communications & Social Media Specialist will take responsibility for driving our social, web, and interactive digital media channels. You will also work with the Marketing team on internal communications to support internal stakeholders with employee-facing announcements, to promote employee engagement and brand awareness. Develop customer communications messaging to ensure that our customers are excited and informed of our existing and new product portfolio market offerings. Assist in writing and editing content to support various marketing campaigns, maintaining brand consistency across projects. Format marketing materials to ensure consistent visual identity and message/tone and assist in production and distribution of materials and publications.
You ll work across the marketing team, to drive our brand awareness, audience engagement, lead generation and ultimately grow the business. You will design social campaigns, craft posts and content, create videos/creative content, identify and engage influencers, track and optimize social + web metrics, and more!
Our ideal candidate will be a hard driving, enthusiastic social media and digital media specialist with knowledge and experience operating in B2B technology markets. If you have experience in Healthcare, Life Sciences, Aerospace & Defense, or Identity & Access Management and you re ready to join a rapidly growing team, to strengthen your Marketing muscle and to have fun going on a fantastic ride while doing it, we want to talk with you. Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I ve already done that or have that!
- Design, execute, optimize and measure social media and interactive content programs (organic and paid) for Exostar in order to support brand awareness and revenue growth targets.
- Partner with your teammates plus subject matter experts to deliver top tier online experience.
- Craft engaging content and manage multi-channel communications on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook and numerous other media and community websites.
- Engage in conversations in forums and community websites to answer user questions and drive conversions to nurture our sales pipeline
- Monitor social media platforms, news/web outlets, discussion forums to engage in conversation, repost and/or drive new content topics
- Use web marketing techniques, SEO optimization and your secret sauce to increase visibility, membership, loyalty and traffic across web and social channels
- Seek out and recognize posts and content that has strong value from a variety of sources, especially content and posts with potential to capture the attention of our audience
- Continually test posting and content strategy to determine the optimal approach to reaching and engaging various segments of our target audiences
- Monitor and report on ROI metrics showing impact and alignment with overall marketing, sales and business objectives
- 6+ years experience in social media, web and/or interactive content preferably in B2B organization - Preferred vertical industry experience in either Aerospace and Defense, Life Sciences, Healthcare, Security, and/or Identity & Access Management Technologies
- Bachelor s degree in marketing, communications or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Strong organizational skills with sharp attention to detail
- Ability to execute multiple projects in parallel
- Experience with organic and paid channels on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and others plus social management tools (e.g. Hootsuite)
- Ability to write clear, concise prose, particularly for technical audiences (strong business writing)
- Strong attention to detail, excellent mastery of grammar rules, and ability to proofread
- Understanding of organic and paid search, Google Analytics and AdWords
- Lightweight creative skills with Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Creative Suite or other design tools preferred to support basic graphic design skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
DO YOU WANT TO LOVE WHERE YOU WORK?
- Lightweight Video shooting and editing skills a bonus
- Experience with Marketo/Eloqua or Pardot and Salesforce preferred
- Strong creativity and passion for creating responsive, interesting content all with an eye for detail
- Experience in a fast-pace, collaborative environment preferred
- Last but not least: a sense of humor, positive can-do attitude, and fun to work with
- Amazing Tech: Exostar is the leader in trusted, secure collaboration for the regulated industries delivering the most advanced mobile app security technology on the planet designed by the world s most advanced security researchers and top engineering talent.
- Top Customers : The world s leaders in Aerospace & Defense and Life Sciences & Healthcare depend on Exostar s solutions for our expert products and services.
- Great Team: Smart, driven people powered by craftsmanship, leadership and teamwork at the core.
- Get Things Done: At Exostar, we move fast and with purpose to ensure our customers are always protected.
: In addition to competitive compensation, full-time employees can participate in our health, dental and vision insurance plans, 401k with company matching, Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, company paid STD, LTD and Life Insurance, PTO and more. Exostar is an Equal Employment Employer. The company provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or genetic information. Exostar is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons in all facets of employment including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, training, benefits, transfers and working conditions.