The Digital Product Manager will act as the primary business owner for multiple digital assets within Horizon, responsible for partnering in the development and implementation of the Digital Strategy vision. Develops and delivers digital products and services for assigned portfolio. Incumbent works cross-functionally to define the strategic roadmap, and with the team, carries that through to the product backlog. Prioritizes Horizon's investment in building capabilities to support and enable business and technology strategies. Ensures the economic return on these investments, and monitors the effectiveness and efficiency of the delivery of the capability building initiatives.
* Own the management and continual development of the assigned portfolio of digital assets.
* Manage the strategic product roadmap. Build and prioritize a product backlog.
* Take the role of 'Product Manager' in Agile projects by approving new features/functionality, Subject Matter Expert (SME) for their respective product(s).
* Approves work controls of the team; ensuring that the work item is agreed to and the acceptance criteria are met.
* Supports execution against the approved product roadmap and prioritizes the product backlog of features. Collaborates with Business Analysts to ensure Themes/Epics are being broken down into workable user stories ready to be worked on by developers.
* Build strong strategic relationships with Executive level business leaders. Engages the other business stakeholders, acting as a point of contact for cross-functional collaboration.
* Own asset change control providing oversight and approval to changes as well as securing required funding where appropriate.
* Works with Marketing, Product, and Design teams to understand user experience and business pain points / hot spots.
* Leads and guides business partners in the analysis, selection and implementation of technology and services.
* Provides product capability assessment and direction to business partners in IT to help support technology decision process. Drives product capability decisions that help increase efficiency and improve user experience.
* Aligns with the Strategy and Architecture team to insure that decisions are consistent with the Architecture and Strategy roadmap.
* Manage, develop and train staff; develop and monitor goals; conduct annual performance reviews, and administers salaries for the staff.
* Requires a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Information Technology, Marketing, or related field. Masters degree preferred.
* SAFE / CSPO / Pragmatic Marketing or other relevant industry certification preferred.
* Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience in related Digital product work preferably in healthcare, financial services, consumer products or Information Systems
* Requires a minimum of 3 years of Product management experience which includes either Product owner or product manager experience.
* Must have strong Mobile App Development Experience
* Demonstrated track record of cross functional relationship management
* Experience in Healthcare Payer industry
Skills & Abilities:
* Previous roles working within Agile environments using Scrum methodologies is a must.
* Significant track record within fast paced digital product management and development role.
* Demonstrate hand on approach for all digital product management, including experience of both launching and optimizing products for mobile devices and desktop technologies.
* Experienced in managing and working together with design, UX/UI and developer teams.
* Well versed in A/B (multivariate) testing and able to evidence previous role as product champion (best practice).
* Demonstrate exceptional analytical, problem solving and critical thinking.
* Ability to articulate complex ideas, presentations and plans simply and with clarity at all levels across the organization (e.g. from junior team members up to board level).
* Able to coach others on Agile processes and practices
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability and any other protected class as required by federal, state or local law
Job Level Individual Contributor
Expertise Information Technology
Job Type Full Time
Location Newark, NJ
Department: Information Technology