Nabors is a leading provider of advanced technology for the energy industry. With operations in about 20 countries, Nabors has established a global network of people, technology and equipment to deploy solutions that deliver safe, efficient and responsible hydrocarbon production. By leveraging its core competencies, particularly in drilling, engineering, automation, data science and manufacturing, Nabors aims to innovate the future of energy and enable the transition to a lower carbon world.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
Digital Release Lead will oversee operations, maintenance, and deployment of applications to the release servers and services at Cloud & On-Prem alongside customized scripts development, Source Control management, and Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery pipelines, in the future.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible to work collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and is supportive of developers and testers as they set up their environments.
- Responsible to focus on the fine details of assembling different interrelated components in a release.
- Coordinate day to day release tasks - environments, deployments, and validations.
- Help plan and manage the release schedules to satisfy interdependencies.
- Measuring and monitoring progress to achieve timely software releases within defined quality standards
- Working with development to comprehend code merges and branch ramifications.
- Develop, build configure, deploy, and support solutions for shared services related to SCM, CI/CD, artifact management, automated testing, and monitoring
- Provide QA server support during various operations such as deployment and general application operations
- Collaborate with developers to establish and ensure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices. Leverage the right tools to address the gaps and build architecture capabilities.
- Apply experience of DevOps best practices to enable highly available & reliable systems and processes
- Work with DevOps and automate for building, integrating, and deploying software releases
- Researching new and the best methods and techniques for managing software releases.
- Review and Validate release notes.
- Coordinate deployments and deliverables into production.
- Bachelors Degree or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering, or a relevant field with experience in CI/CD process.
- An expert understanding of software development lifecycle
- Ability to understand manage software infrastructure & configurations
- Experience with project management and workflow tools such as Git, Agile, Jira, Scrum/Kanban/SAFe, etc.
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services.
- Experience in working with Java/Python, JUnit, Jenkins for automation and configuration.
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management.
- Sound judgment, tact, and analytical ability. Excellent interpersonal, communications, and organizational skills.
- Five years of relevant experience. More than two to three years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role); experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus. Stellar troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems. Current with industry trends, IT ops and industry best practices, and able to identify the ones we should implement.
- Time and project management skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed. Solid team player.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) to effectively communicate with people across all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong listening and comprehension skills.
- Demonstrate ability to follow instructions and work towards results.
- Able to achieve results fast both individually and through teams.
- Be responsive to the needs of the organization (flexible work schedule).
- Proficient Strong experience with databases such as MS SQL, NoSQL, PostgreSQL, Redis and/or Mongo.
- Experience with API/Web Services - JSON, SOAP/XML.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Office environment
- Flexible and be willing to work long hours to meet critical deadlines.