Digital Reality Web Engineer
We are looking for innovators and dreamers to join our Digital Reality (DxR) team helping our clients imagine a future of augmented experiences, virtual worlds and mixed reality applications. The DxR team is composed of designers, developers, artists, and recognized experts in the field-all working together to conceptualize and build out the next AR/VR innovation. If you are passionate about the growing landscape of immersive AR/VR technologies and experiences, love working with creative and driven teams, and are dedicated to serving clients through thought leadership and delivery of excellence please join us in our journey!
Engineer with Deloitte Digital (NY, Rosslyn VA, Seattle and LA)
As an engineer, you will be heavily involved in development of immersive applications, including games, augmented reality, and virtual reality applications. Your ability to provide development support, create incredible code and support fellow developers will be critical to your success. You will work on a team of diverse skillsets and be expected to be a key contributor in the development of emerging digital reality technologies.
Our Digital Customer team focuses on designing and implementing sales and service experiences, capabilities, and architectures to bring customer strategies to life. Our ambition is to be the best in the world at driving customer transformation through the development of clever commercial strategies, distinctive experiences, and the application of digital technologies. We help make the "creative digital consultancy" real and in doing so, make new markets.
Professionals will serve our clients through the following types of work:
•Sales Excellence & Service Excellence | delivers sales and service strategies and plans, operating model definition, incentive design and implementation, and operations support for digitally-enabled sales, channel, and customer service capabilities
•Digital Experience | creates engaging omni-channel digital experiences across web, mobile, AR/VR, voice, gesture, IoT, and video
•Flexible Consumption | the commercial strategy, operating model definition, and capability delivery of subscription/flexible consumption business models
•Digital Foundry | a flexible, end-to-end delivery model emphasizing innovation and disruption
•DigitalMix | an integrated set of platforms to enable business re-platforming
The age of Virtual, Augmented and Mixed realities is here. Organizations need to understand the powerful opportunities these technologies bring to their employees and their customers.
As part of the Digital Reality team you will help our clients understand how to work differently and serve their customers in new ways. You will lead teams that strategize, design, and build solutions to transform capabilities such as learning, product design, supply chain, field services and sales and marketing across a wide array of industries.
• 4+ years' industry experience in web development
• Proficiency with front end/back end development languages including HTML 5, Express, AngularJS, .NET, NodeJS, Gulp
• Proficiency with Angular, ES5/6, TypeScript, React, A-Frame, and web-based game engines
• Comfortable with source control management, preferably Git
In depth knowledge and experience with:
• Conceptual approaches to web development
• Working with a mix of strategists, creatives, and engineers to deliver compelling solutions
• Agile based software delivery with a devops culture
• Experience and knowledge with the vendor ecosystem including such companies as Facebook, Google, Apple, Magic Leap, Nvidia, Unity, Unreal, Sony, and PTC/Vuforia
• A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
• AR/VR development experience in Unity
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
• Experience using Git code repositories and versioning tools
• Working knowledge of 508 compliance
• Willingness to learn new things and teach others what you know
• Desire to research and develop your skills daily
• Belief that all things can be better
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.