Digital Senior Solution Architect
Work you'll do
As a Senior Solution Architect, you will bring considerable technical, functional, and product expertise to deliver effective solutions to clients. You will be leading engagements to architect, design, develop, and innovate end-to-end, multi-tiered enterprise solutions. You will interact with key business stakeholders, design teams, development and QA teams, and lead all implementation activities.
As a Specialist Leader in our practice you will:
- Act as a trusted Technical Architect and Advisor to customers, leading the solution design and implementation for complex systems and platforms. Lead the design, development, and DevOps work streams on a variety of projects in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Lead the design of innovative enterprise solutions, working closely with Software Engineers, QA, Product Managers and other stakeholders to get high-quality products and features through the agile software project lifecycle. Provide hands-on software development and project management, cross-functional coordination, and inter/intra team communications to ensure program success and delivery throughput.
- Identify and scope projects, lead execution of complex technical engagements, and collaborate with program leads and key client stakeholders to delivery outstanding solution implementations.
- Manage project and release schedules, monitoring possible issues, identifying mitigations and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. Identify technology risks and innovation opportunities and lead teams in building practical solutions to address them while maintaining the release schedule and cadence.
- Create and deliver recommended solutions and approaches, foundational capabilities and building blocks (with sample code) to accelerate and improve delivery capabilities. Communicate these solutions with a proven ability to tailor your messaging to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Be a champion for our solutions both to our teams within the firm, as well as outside the firm through such activities as architecture development, open source community work and outreach, meet-ups, conferences, and other events.
- Participate and lead aspects of the business development process, including client outreach, solution development, content authoring for proposals, and contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- Serve as a mentor to junior staff and rising Senior Engineers and Architects, helping them grow both technically and as future Engineering leaders. Serve as a counselor and coach, providing input and guidance into the staffing process, and actively participating in staff recruitment and retention activities.
Deloitte Consulting LLP's Government & Public Services (GPS) Digital Customer team is creating a new model for a new age: we're a creative agency and a consultancy. Understanding the digital space and preparing for what's next is at our core. Data is our heart, Agile is our passion, and user experience is our soul. We help government deliver next-generation citizen experiences, reshape how work gets done, and rewire the way government intersects with technology. That's the power of driving disruption. That's Digital Customer.
- 10+ years of relevant software development, systems implementation consulting, across multiple technology platforms
- At least 7 years of experience in design, analysis, and implementation of information systems architecture.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or other technology-related field
- Experience leading large sized teams and technology engagements. Proven ability to lead multiple technical programs simultaneously, setting priorities for architecture and engineering, leading cross-functional teams, and ensuring success metrics are informing future efforts.
- Capable of independently applying a wide set of engineering disciplines for planning, design, analysis, coding, testing, roll-out and support of information systems architectures.
- Responsible for, or assists in, the designing of interface standards, quality assurance standards, performance standards, and cost-benefit analysis of modem state-of-the art information systems.
- Ability to analyze available technologies and makes recommendations of technologies to use and how best to use them.
- Demonstrated experience across a broad range of digital technologies and platforms
- Previous or current experience as a Software Engineer. Demonstrated experience as an Engineering Manager
- Experience building and deploying production-grade applications in either physical or virtualized environments such as Amazon Web Services, Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts in an approachable way for broad audiences. Clear ability to effectively translate technical information to business-focused stakeholders, along with ability to convey complex technical concepts in an approachable, understandable way.
- Experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Jenkins)
- AWS or GCP Certifications
- Deep understanding of component-based software development, infrastructure automation, and continuous integration/deployment
- Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as encryption, certificates and key management.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.