Digital Software Architect (Creative Technologist)
Creative technologists generally fall into one of two camps: a techie with creative talent or a creative with a knack for tech. Either way, a good creative technologist has a solid understanding of both fields. If you are a technology-focused professional who understands the creative process, lives for solving software architectural challenges, and loves bringing ideas to life through digital experiences, we would love to connect.
Work you'll do:
A Digital Software Architect or Creative Technologist is responsible for the analysis, design, documentation, programming, and software to ensure product readiness for release and/or client use. Works closely with project managers, QA, Creative, and UX team members to ensure compliance with project needs.
• Assumes responsibility for planning, design, implementation and testing for assigned system components of a moderate degree of complexity
• Challenges the norm by bringing a combination of experience and creativity to the design and implementation of Enterprise-scale software systems
• Writes product specifications and design documentation for assigned system components. Organizes review and/or release of documentation when required
• Balances equally the challenges that weigh on the business and the user, recognizing and communicating how each impacts the software architecture and implementation
• Initiates communication with members of other departments and other members of development to ensure effective implementation
• Performs all duties and responsibilities as required by documented Digital Experience Engineering Best Practices and help support these practices in junior staff
• Meets with clients, project leadership, and other stakeholders to present and defend technical points-of-view
• Assists in the pursuit of new work through estimation exercises, staffing requests, and/or presentations to prospective clients
• Strong debugging and problem solving skills
• Solid understanding of MVC development patterns
• Database experience on mobile devices
• Willingness to mentor junior staff
• Ability to work in a highly collaborative, team based environment
• Ability to effectively prioritize workload to meet deadlines and work objectives. Uses resources effectively and efficiently. Is reliable in work habits. Able to organize and self-direct execution of tasks/duties
Our Digital Customer team focuses on designing and implementing sales and service experiences, capabilities, and architectures to bring customer strategies to life. Our ambition is to be the best in the world at driving customer transformation through the development of clever commercial strategies, distinctive experiences, and the application of digital technologies. We help make the "creative digital consultancy" real and in doing so, make new markets.
Professionals will serve our clients through the following types of work:
•Sales Excellence & Service Excellence | delivers sales and service strategies and plans, operating model definition, incentive design and implementation, and operations support for digitally-enabled sales, channel, and customer service capabilities
•Digital Experience | creates engaging omni-channel digital experiences across web, mobile, AR/VR, voice, gesture, IoT, and video
•Flexible Consumption | the commercial strategy, operating model definition, and capability delivery of subscription/flexible consumption business models
•Digital Foundry | a flexible, end-to-end delivery model emphasizing innovation and disruption
•DigitalMix | an integrated set of platforms to enable business re-platforming
• Five plus years of directly related experience within software development
• Minimum 7+ years of experience of designing and developing mobile and/or web applications required
• Demonstrable expert knowledge of at least one current mobile operating system
• Minimum three years of experience working with SCRUM or Agile development environment
• Willingness to travel up to 50%
• Has delivered at least three products, preferably in an Agile Development team
• Strong OOAD experience
• Proficient written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with integrating with other systems through web services
• Experience translating product requirements into design specifications
• Multi-threaded coding experience, along with both asynchronous and synchronous code
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.