First Republic is an ultra-high-touch bank that provides extraordinary client service. We believe that one-on-one interactions build lasting relationships. We move quickly to serve our clients' needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. Client trust and security are paramount in our line of business. Ultimately, our goal is unsurpassed client satisfaction which will lead to personal referrals - our number one source of new business. We recognize that our competitive advantage starts with our people and our culture. At First Republic, we work hard and move quickly as a very coordinated team. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, fast-paced environment, First Republic is the place for you. We have exceptional people focused on providing extraordinary service.
The Digital Technology Solution Architect is focused on executing of the Digital Channels strategy and roadmap; partner closely with Digital Channels to provide technology solutions in support of an integrated financial service experience incorporating banking, brokerage, wealth management, trust, ...etc.
An ideal candidate will be a self-starter and fast learner with an established background in developing secure and scalable online services, strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to deliver results. You will work closely with internal and external teams to create world class digital solutions supporting consumer and business banking online. Our leaders don't just define the technical approach, but operate at all levels, diving deep into the details while providing strategic inputs in a fast paced environment and driving relentlessly to optimize and improve our deliverables, and enabling the business to operate at a fast pace.
* Create and maintain a strong working relationship with multiple business teams, technology teams and key vendors.
* Lead and educate internal teams on common practices and trends for digital initiatives. Explain technical issues and IT solution strategies to stakeholders and other IT professionals
* Lead end-to-end (conception, development, maintenance and evolution) implementation of Digital banking solutions. Work with business and IS teams to identify problems and define solutions.
* Provide integrated solutions across internal systems as well as external 3rd pary hosted systems and create design artifacts following FRB standards.
* Lead and participate in new development projects through the entire SDLC, inclduing requirements, design, development, testing, release, delivery/launch and maintenenace.
* Understand business changes and needs. Partner and collaborate with business teams to provide robust, scalable and extensible technical solutions.
* Review the proposal of vendors and suppliers to ensure that quality inputs are delivered at the least possible cost
* Ensure compliance to solution architectural design in the implementation of projects
* Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
* Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
* Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
* Requires a minimum of 10 or more years professional experience in software development specially inclduing online and mobile app delivery; preferably 5 or more years related to online/portal product deliver to external clients.
* Requires strong comminucation skills and track record of partnership across organizations.
* Requires working experience with Online solutions, including Security, Identity Management System and Content Management System integration.
* Required working experience with API gateway and microservice implementation.
* Required working experience with data architecture and ETL solution
* Required working experience on application architecture and system integration
* Requires experneice working with vendors to deliver integrated solutions to external clients (integration across a mix of internal and external 3rd party systems).
* Strong verbal and communicaiton skills
* Desired: Portal architecture, development and deployment.
* Desired: Experience with AWS Cloud practice and Cloud migration
* Undergraduate degree is required, preferably in a technial discipline
* Team player
* Provides extraordinary service
* Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values
* The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
* Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
* Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
* Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
* Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
* Must be able to travel in a limited capacity.