Digital Clinical Transformational Leader (several positions East Coast to West Coast)
We are looking for an inspiring leader who can drive and enable the implementation of state-of-art technologies (e.g. artificial intelligence, machine learning) along the clinical drug development pathway while keeping the patient at the center.
CLIENT Life Science is a relative new player offering different services (e.g. clinical, IT, advisory) and novel platform solutions to the life science industry. CLIENT Advanced Drug Development (ADD) platforms cover a wide range of smart data solutions in the clinical operations, data management, supply management, safety and regulatory domain. Most recently Connected Clinical Trials (CCT), one of the innovative ADD platforms which enables patients & site engagement through digital technologies, won the prestigious Clinical Research News European Innovation Award at the Scope Europe Summit.
This leadership position will drive and support the further embedding and strategic development of the ADD platforms in the pharma industry. Excellent insight in clinical trial challenges, combined with outstanding collaboration and communication skills, are fundamental for this function.
You will work closely with the different ADD platform development leaders, marketing and sales team to shape and design the platform solutions and translate into an easy-to-understand, targeted business & operational language. You will work with top leaders in the pharma industry to support and set up their business needs and innovative strategies for success using the ADD solutions in a flexible manner.
Based on your location and expertise, you will be assigned different existing pharma customers but also be accountable to identify new partnerships, and provide strategic input in the further development of ADD platforms in line with your expertise.
Main responsibilities and duties
- Drive further embedding & shaping of ADD platform solutions in pharma industry in close collaboration with ADD platform development leads, marketing and sales team.
- Provide leadership support to pharma leaders and teams to design and shape innovative programs in line with their needs, using ADD solutions in a flexible way.
- Provide strategic input on innovations and emerging solutions in the ADD portfolio
- Support identifying new leads for strategic partnerships for ADD solutions.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to design external communications strategies (e.g. translate in easy-understandable business language) and drive ADD product awareness.
- Provide support to cross-industry initiatives to set up next generation of clinical trials
- Attend/represent ADD solutions at selected conferences, meetings and industry events.
- Be aware of relevant developments & innovative trends in pharma industry
Qualifications and education
- Master degree in sciences, preferable also PhD
- Minimum of 10 years experiences in global clinical drug development at pharma or clinical research organization, preferably at top-leader company. Minimum of 2-3 years of experience with digital technologies.
- Broad knowledge and in-depth global leadership experience in at least 2 of the following departments: clinical operations, regulatory, safety, supply or data management.
- Excellent connections and knowledge of the pharma industry and current innovative trends. Preferably leadership experience in cross-industry forums (e.g. Transcelerate, IMI).
- Experience in successful product based implementations at a global level.
- Proven ability to successfully manage large scale initiatives and multiple activities simultaneously
- Strong passion and track record for innovation and change management with a can-do mentality.
- Ability to build respect and trust with customers, employees and other internal and external stakeholders and partners
- Ability to communicate seamlessly between technical and business partners, and translate state-of-art technology concepts into easy-to-understand operational language.
- Talent for making contacts and maintaining internal and external relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including strong negotiation skills, facilitation skills and ability to drive for clarity and results when faced with ambiguity
- Strong presentation skills with ability to concisely present information in clear and understandable format
- Ability to evaluate innovative ideas and align their value to the needs of business
- Driven by result performance and excellence in the job, demonstrated cultural sensitivity
- Maximum of 10%-20% travel time expected
What’s in for you?
Ability to join one of the foreground players in designing the next generation of clinical trials, and making a difference in the life of patients.