Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal LaunchSystems Engineer. This position will be located in [location] and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What You'll Get To Do:
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing complex computer systems. Determines systems specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility and maintenance of system security. Coordinates design of subsystems and integration of total system. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves program support deficiencies. Develops and recommends corrective actions. May provide technical guidance for database administrators and software developers.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
• Bachelor's Degree in a STEM discipline with 14 years of experience or a Master's Degree in a STEM discipline with 12 work experience. 9 years with a PhD.
• MBx Subject Matter Expertise, with Experience designing architecture solutions in Cameo
• Requirements Management (eg. DOORS) Proficiency
• Ability to think outside of the box, and quickly identify gaps and issues
• Active DoD Secret clearance
• Able to travel 25% of the time
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
• Experience leading and designing Digital Transformation Solutions Architectures
• Experience leading Value Stream Mapping Activities
• Experience working in a Lean/Agile environment
• Master's Degree
• Top Secret security clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.