The Information Technology department is seeking a Digital Workflow DevOps Engineer. This position will be responsible for maintaining, supporting and enhancing various digital file delivery workflows that distribute media and related metadata across the organization. In addition to maintenance of existing workflows, this position will collaborate with other technology groups to identify opportunities which improve file delivery processes, media asset management workflows / integrations, as well as empowering non-technical end-users to participate in orchestration and monitoring of product.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Administration and support of multiple large video file delivery environments, including Signiant and Aspera software.
- Work with end users (clubs, production, post-production, external partners) to provide operational and technical support for Signiant / Aspera workflows and jobs.
- Understand customer requirements to propose and implement file delivery solutions and integrations with on premise and/or cloud MAM/DAM.
- Work with customers, and other IT groups to create and support custom workflows associated with media exchange, and various production / post-production workflows
- Other responsibilities include providing operations and customer support for the portfolio of applications and products used for file-based digital workflows including video editing, transcoding, digital file delivery, and custom distributed jobs
- Signiant Media Exchange / Managers + Agents products with the following workflows
- General Use/Management
- High Speed file transfers and Media workflows
- Custom workflow development/deployment
- Signiant web service API (SOAP, REST) use and integration
- Aspera and other digital file delivery products
- Experience with cloud storage and hosted file solutions
- Understanding of Perl to create and maintain workflow steps and cron jobs
- Make web service calls
- Database operations
- Familiarity in administration of Linux OS servers that host Signiant Manager and Agent
- Local and Networked File Systems (e.g. SMB, SMBv3, NFS, CIFS)
- Systems Security (e.g. key management, encryption, vulnerability management)
- Ability to understand data center, network, and application architectures
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Perl