Responsible for the strategic leadership and execution of IT Service Management and IT Business Management processes and functions. This includes defining services, establishing standards and processes, and reporting on service metrics. This role is also responsible for the delivery of enterprise service management applications. Additionally, this individual is responsible for managing and developing the team of IT professionals who support those applications. Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Education & Experience Required
- Direct responsibility for maintaining the IT Service Management function and roadmap encompassing such processes as Incident, Request, Change, Configuration, Problem and Knowledge Management & Release Management.
- Provides leadership and strategic direction in the development and execution of IT Business Management processes and tools at Aflac.
- Owns and drives the IT Service Management governance process including Project Approvals, SLAs, Issue Resolutions and Priority Setting
- Determine and regularly report on Key Performance Indicators/metrics for IT Service Management
- Overall accountability for defining the future direction/strategy and maintaining current operational state of ITSM and ITBM platforms in alignment with needs of IT and Business
- Ensure successful IT Audit engagements.
- Create a high performing organization by developing and attracting talent, as well as mentoring, coaching and developing up-and-coming leaders.
- Manage vendor relationships / metrics: create SOW, resource acquisition, establishing metrics.
- Responsible for the overall budget and financial management of the department, projects and resources.
- Ensures that all project commitments are met or exceeded.
- Remain up to date with technical and industry developments.
- Serves as an IT Service Management and IT Business Management Champion for the IT organization
- Partners with stakeholders and program owners to instill a continuous improvement culture across the organization
- Drives process and organizational maturity as it pertains to IT Service Management, IT Business Management and ITIL
- Performs other related duties as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or any other related field
- 10 years of professional job related work experience, 5 years management experience
- Five or more years of supervisory/managerial experience
- Demonstrated project management and agile methodology skills and experience working directly with business partners and overseeing large project teams
- Knowledge of IT Service Management framework across Service Strategy, Design, Transition, Operations, and CSI and experience operating within or driving the foundation or implementation of one or more phases of the ITSM framework in your current or a previous role; ITIL foundations and intermediate certifications at a minimum, ITIL Expert
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience Job Knowledge & Skills
• Working technical or practical experience with an ITSM application (such as ServiceNow, Cherwell, HP Service Manager, etc.)
• ITSM Domain SME (Service Catalog, Incident, Problem, Change, Configuration, Knowledge Management)
• Experience in a DevOps environment
• Understanding of business operations, requirements processes, and agile software development methodologies
• Knowledge of statistical analysis data and trend analysis using internal and external information to demonstrate relevant changes or improvement
• Good presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact and negotiate with internal and external customers, including good listening skills
• Ability to adapt to a dynamic, rapidly changing business and technical environment
• Ability to document systematic and manual operations procedures in both technical and user friendly language
• Ability to lead and facilitate process improvement projects, including asking the right questions, listening and guiding the overall process
• Ability to successfully work independently or with a team
• Ability to meet deadlines Competencies
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
Nearest Major Market:
- Acting as a Champion for Change
- Developing Talent
- Managing Performance
- Navigating Organizations
- Setting Objectives