Job Family: Business Development
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated record of success in identifying and winning new business, and in leading business development teams in capturing targeted programs in the National Security space. The most critical skill sets required are strong strategic planning abilities and an unrelenting focus on winning business with a record of "big" wins in the key National Security customer segments: DHS, DOE, DOJ, DOS, and USAID.
We seek candidates with proven leadership skills with the ability to help build a strong team environment and vector the appropriate resources to maximize business capture. In addition to being an individual contributor, the ideal candidate must also act as a mentor and coach to the National Security BD team. The person must be willing and able to inject his/her experience and wisdom throughout the business development and marketing organizations.
It is also important that the Director have a 'Rolodex' of contacts and relationships within the IT/systems integration community and the government client community, specifically the DHS, DOJ and DOS accounts. The ability to structure key partnerships and alliances and to establish and grow new relationships is a critical success factor. The successful candidate must be intimately familiar with the maze of rules, regulations and idiosyncrasies that drive the Federal Government technology capture process.
In summary, the successful candidate will be a highly regarded Business Development executive within the Federal Government arena. More specifically, he/she will:
A Qualified Candidate Will Have:
- Demonstrated a successful record of supporting and winning contracts with DHS, DOES, State Department, Justice Department, and other federal agencies.
- Proven experience in building relationships with strategic partners (prime and sub)
- Developed and mature key relationships within the customer's organizations
- Ability to operate independently but still retain enterprise focus.
- Manages and leads resources to create, identify, develop, and qualify opportunities
- Achieve growth and new business sales goals through winning new business, securing contract recompetes, and driving organic program growth
- Develop and maintain an active Sector growth plan in alignment and consistent with corporate strategy and goals.
- Primary interface with customer community and building customer relationships through effective communications, both with internal and external customer bases
- Develop strategies to "shape" requirements and acquisition strategy
- Identify and target new business markets, agencies, and partnerships
- Assist in guiding buying organizations by demonstrating technology solutions, architectures, capabilities, and potential acquisition paths for early stage opportunities, working with internal technical and program management teams to develop responses for requests for information (RFI), market survey's, white papers, presentations, briefings, and major event demonstrations.