Six Month Project
On-Site Work Only
Assist with our Life Cycle Replacement project, delivery, moves and upgrades of all KSU-tagged IT equipment including desktops, laptops, printers, tablets, phones, and other IT related equipment.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Associate’s degree from an accredited institution or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience, Technical Diploma, Associate’s degree, or 1 or more years of college course work and 1 or more years experience; OR High School diploma and 2 or more years experience
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Technical Diploma, Associate’s degree, or 2 or more years of college course work and 1 or more years experience; OR High School diploma and 2 or more years experience
· Maintain documentation of all work performed.
· Complete installations of new computer equipment with Windows 10 and following the UITS checklist, including complete backup and transfer of data from old device to new.
· Ensure all devices containing user data are securely stored.
· Ensure all devices such as scanners, local and network printers are installed and working properly.
· Reinstall peripherals and any other user needed software on new device.
· Organize and maintain IT equipment stored in the IT storerooms and warehouses.
· Effectively and accurately communicate with clients and colleagues.
· Maintains a neat and orderly working environment and files various IT inventory documents in accordance with UITS processes.
· Ensure compliance with all current Kennesaw State University security protocols as well as FERPA, HIPPA, USG and State of Georgia policies to protect data and prevent data breaches.
· Able to appropriately assess and communicate risks, benefits, and alternatives
· Able to interface appropriately and professionally with students, faculty, staff, and grant sponsors
· Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Windows 10 and Microsoft Office suite and other applications)
· Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
· Strong customer service skills and able to act as a customer advocate
· Able to work and collaborate closely with our UITS Staff members in the field
· Able to adjust, flexible and accept recommendations and guidance from our UITS colleagues