Tableau BI Developer
4 Months Contract
Under broad supervision, designs, codes, tests, modifies and debugs computer software.
Strong Visual Design skills; experience in using features in the latest versions of business intelligence tools - Good dashboarding experience and ability to suggest visualization options that are rich and performant - Good Data handling experience with ability to handle multiple data sources within the same workbook must be able to decide on joins vs blending - Good experience in developing complex calculations, LoDs and drill-down features - This visual design role is part of the Analytics team.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Build/deploy highly complex visualizations; you will be the go-to designer on projects from start to finish to create compelling visual dashboards in tableau and other BI tools.
- Develop a deep understanding of our users and create user journeys, and detailed UI flows and/or storyboards.
- Develop and execute training initiatives for end-users and Provide knowledge transfer, training and support to Interactors, Viewers and users.
- Performing and documenting data analysis, data validation, and data mapping/design.
- Provide solutions to performance optimization and query optimization within production tableau and other BI dashboards,
- Create and edit complex SQL queries and Tableau Prep Builder flow files.
- Ability to take decisions on handling data complexity at source, keeping performance and practicality in mind.
- Work under tight deadlines in a highly dynamic environment, manage multiple tasks and projects, and effectively coordinate with Admin Team for Production Deployment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university OR Associate’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND:
- 3+ years Tableau Developer experience required, Tableau Desktop Certification highly desired
- 3+ years’ experience with relational database systems required
- Strong understanding of data extracts, data blending, publishing options
- Strong understanding of Tableau best practices, constraints and limitations
- Ability to collaborate with business leaders and communicate findings at an executive level
- Ability to perform data analysis and troubleshoot data integrity issues
- Experience with programming languages (SQL, Python, R) and knowledge of ETL processes, end-to-end data warehousing principles, methodologies, and practices
- Experience with public health domain is a plus