Title: IT Systems Administrator / IT Help desk Systems Analyst
Location: York, PA
Duration: 6+ months
Our Client Starbucks is working on the launch of a large go-live project that may require some sustained support. If you’ve got what it takes to help support the Distribution technology for one of the most iconic brands in the world, we’d like to talk to you. As a Systems Administrator, you will be the onsite presence working as part of a team focused on supporting technology for Distribution business entity. On an on-going basis, this position will provide IT support to the distribution technology. You will identify root causes of operational issues on new/existing technology solutions to resolve them and help develop tools and scripts to facilitate maintenance and administration.
• The resource will report directly to the manager of infrastructure for the Roasting Plant Support team. They’ll ultimately roll up to support the Retail & Customer Tech organization for Starbucks.
• This team is working on the launch of a large go-live project that may require some sustained support.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Works with IT and onsite automation teams to identify tactical solutions to use cases for support and/or implementation.
• Maintain inventory of IT devices/assets and spares onsite
• Learn and help with Thin Manager/Thin Client related issues
• Order network printers, laptops, cell phones for YDC and YDC partners
• Automation IT Camera integration to servers
• Installation of Network and Hardware (MDF) within distribution plant.
• Assist with Wi-Fi implementation, testing and setup.
• Support distribution plant hardware’s including store laptops, RF devices, desktops, printers, LED displays, Projectors and Screens etc.
• Provide guidance on implementation through the lens of Operational Sustainability.
• Works within team, across IT, with business, with 3rd party vendors or systems.
• Investigation of root cause analysis for IT infrastructure incidents, engaging vendors where needed.
• Troubleshooting, audit, system health queries via custom scripts or performance monitoring software.
• Patching/updates for OS, firmware or software components; this could include hardware replacement coordination.
• Hardware, software, OS implementation, design and sustainment which includes think manager and PLS software.
• Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency, automate manual tasks, and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
• Continuous Process Improvement though assessing OS and HW technologies, releases and upgrades.
Summary of Experience
• 4+ years of relevant experience
• Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Experience working in a high capacity, highly scalable distributed computing environment
• Proven ability to participate with other functional teams in systems integration and design including writing operational specifications, test plans and requirements management with attention to detail
• Demonstrates leadership skills to mentor non-technical staff on day to day basis.
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Experience in VMware and virtualization in general.
• Ability to build strong relationships and influence others across the organization
• Effective in dealing with ambiguity
• Windows OS client experience, including security policies, settings and registry
• UNIX/LINUX and Windows server experience, including expertise in system installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, capacity planning, monitoring, and security procedures
• Disk imaging technologies and techniques