As a Director of Agile Delivery, you will take ownership of driving executive level product and engineering leaders to deliver thought leadership that drives the portfolio to achieve business outcomes. Your leadership team will define problems for the organization to solve and they will take complete responsibility for failures without looking for excuses. This team will have a laser focus on defining the containers for the organization to grow and will take on the challenges associated with driving an organization to a high performing state. You will own supporting the team in their use of sufficient and effective communication to create a shared consciousness of current state, desired state and a shared understanding of quality, value, and time to market goals.
- Facilitate the flow of value propositions from the delivery stream to the release train and ultimately the scrum teams.
- Establish and maintain operations that support a continuous planning and 3 month rolling forecast cycle, with the goal of balancing necessary flexibility with sustainable predictability
- Coach VP, AVP and Director level team members to collaboratively communicate, identify true root cause of issues, and use business priorities to drive organizational focus.
- Maintain impeccable value proposition hygiene and ensure that all radiated information is reliable, meaningful, and readable.
- Drive continued used of metrics to assess risks to delivery and drive decision making
- Assess, own and communicate risks and dependencies across delivery streams and portfolios; remove impediments as needed to get work across the finish line.
- Identify and implement solutions to issues that address true root cause of issues or clearly articulate trade off when only symptoms will be addressed.
- Staff the release train engineer roles with team members who possess the characteristics, skills and knowledge to own outcomes at the release train and scrum team levels.
- Manage release train engineer performance which aligns with the Agile Delivery organization's vision and annual objectives; ensure release train engineers know what outcomes are expected of them and have a current sense of how they are performing against those expectations. Deal with Performance problems in a swift and consistent manner, and ensure that every one of your employees occupies the "right role / right level" for their combination of characteristics, skills, and subject matter expertise.
About Cox Automotive
- 10+ years of professional experience, 3+ years managing and leading employees and complex team efforts
- 5+ years of experience leading product delivery teams, or equivalent program and project management experience on large complex technical projects/programs
- 3 yrs. of direct experience successfully dring continuously improved team performance with software development teams using Scrum or Kanban
- Mastery of the SDLC, demonstrated by expertise on the various phases of work associated with software development
- Mastery of the Agile framework, demonstrated by expertise on how to achieve the positive outcomes associated with Agile
- Demonstrated success resolving inter-team / intra-team conflict and building relationships in a complex team environment
- Mastery of industry standard information radiators (preferably Rally; but experience with JIRA, TFS or another standard radiator will be considered)
- Advanced skills writing queries and ability to interpret data (strong Excel or Tableau skills are a plus)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Psychology (with work experience in IT organizations)
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company's 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.