3003 Summit Blvd, Atlanta, GA, USADivision:
Cox AutomotiveJob Level:
Yes, 25 % of the TimeSchedule:
Day JobRequisition Number:
Cox Automotive, a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is seeking a Director of Architecture to join our team in Atlanta, GA
Have you worked on innovative product experiences? Are you looking to change an entire industry by solving key consumer problems and delivering connected client experiences for car dealerships everywhere? We are looking for someone with Automotive retail experience who knows what it takes to make our online digital transaction be as easy as having your groceries delivered to your door.
The Director of Architecture is a leader who can effectively foster an environment of trust, collaboration, and high-performance. This person must knock down technical, cultural, or organizational impediments, mentor lead technical staff, and collaborate with other architecture and engineering leaders to develop a healthy organization. They should have a passion for learning how new technologies and patterns can deliver software to our customers.
The Director of Architecture and the architects that are a part of their team will play a strategic leadership role in guiding engineering teams toward next-generation architecture and engineering capabilities.
Cox Enterprises is a family-run operation that began nearly 120 years ago. As part of this great family business, we treat our team members and clients like they're just that - family. This atmosphere has been instrumental to our success and has shaped our willingness to fuel epic innovation, drive unprecedented growth and deliver the mind-blowing, needle-moving, connected experience we promise.
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars. Come join the transformation!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Serve as the Architecture leader for the business in partnership with Product, Engineering, and Business leadership
- Set the technical architectural direction, long-term vision, and guiding principles; ensure that this vision is aligned with the CAI enterprise technology strategy
- Frame technical or architectural alternatives in business terms, clearly articulating both business and technical implications of various options
- Champion sound architectural solutions and effectively advocate for them at an executive level
- Champion technology- and architecture-related investments, advocate for the priority of this work with Product, Business, and Engineering counterparts
- Manage technical debt and advocate with Product and Engineering to create and execute appropriate risk mitigation and debt-reduction strategies
- Drive creation, adoption and reuse of enterprise technology assets
- Lead a team of architects, who provide architectural stewardship for the software products delivered by the business
This role is open to remote candidates
- BA/BS Degree or Equivalent Experience
- 10+ years experience in full development life cycle and significant experience in delivering applications and architecture services in a production environment
- 5+ years experience in the implementation of structured design and architecture processes in a corporate environment
- 5+ years of leadership experience, with a track record of increasing responsibilities
- Deep understanding of the architecture discipline, processes, concepts and best practices
- Experience with cloud-native architectures or compatible architecture patterns
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least three of the following areas: business architecture, application architecture, data architecture, technical/infrastructure architecture, security disciplines, or operational disciplines.
Who We Are About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.