Charles Schwab Bank (CSB) has shown successful in serving the lending needs of Schwab's core Retail consumer clients which is an important business line we will continue to grow. We now have a unique opportunity to expand our lending capabilities by building a separate, parallel lending business model using Charles Schwab Premier Bank (CSPB) to serve clients with complex credit profiles, and higher service level expectations requiring a different approach with specialized expertise to serve their needs.
Workplace Flexibility Program : We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work - whether that's in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.What you are good at
The Product Management Director, Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) Lending is a critical role, helping to build out products that will meet the lending needs of our Advisor Services RIA clients. This leader will be responsible for strategy, client experience, execution, and ongoing product management of CSPB's RIA lending offer.
What you have
- Develop business reason for RIA lending offer - competitive analysis, market sizing, client needs assessment, and business requirements
- Lead execution of new offer, working with Bank teams and cross-functional partners across areas such as Credit Risk, Technology, Operations, Branch Network, Institutional Client Experience, Marketing, Compliance, Legal, and Digital
- Ensure compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as applicable state and federal banking regulations in the context of their responsibilities
- Maintain relationship with 3rd-party provider to ensure both "front end" loan processing transactions, and "back end" servicing transactions are handled expeditiously and provide a high-quality client experience.
- Support high quality, integrated experience by CSPB/advisor facing teams
- Develop and deliver an optimal experience for advisors; develop and observe feedback channels to identify difficulties and improvement opportunities on an ongoing basis
- 10+ years financial services experience required and a shown track record in leading and developing successful teams
- 5-7 years lending experience preferred
- Experience leading a lending product team with a demonstrated capacity to develop business strategy across an integrated and reciprocal Bank and Advisor Services organization
- Expertise in lending to service companies is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of the RIA business served by Advisor Services
- Shown ability to lead through influence and gain consensus from leadership to move initiatives forward, balancing future strategy with alignment to risk appetite and lending guidelines
- Experience in crafting strategy with a highly client-focused experience, including developing roadmaps, project plans, and leading large technology product development projects
- Combination of strategic, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to take sophisticated issues and simplify them for disparate audiences
- Strategic - Applies broad knowledge and experience when solving sophisticated issues, targeting key questions in a constantly evolving environment
- Bachelor's degree required. Post graduate degree, professional designations, and certifications, desirable
Critical Success Factors:
Why work for us?
- Must enjoy strategy work with experience in program management
- Ability to lead complementary teams across hybrid locations, and invested in developing future talent
- A bias for action and the ability to overcome obstacles and successfully complete multiple projects simultaneously in a self-directed environment
- Strong leadership skills - the ability to influence at all levels of the organization and gain support of cross-functional partners to carry out product plans and marketing initiatives
- Responds resourcefully to ambiguity and leans into opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to work well with a diverse range of partners and proactive, can-do demeanor
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281 .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.