BE PART OF A BANK LIKE NO OTHER.
When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference.
Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and nearly forty years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with diverse teams of passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to an inclusive approach to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
Join us at SVB and be part of bringing our clients' world-changing ideas to life. At SVB, we have the opportunity to grow and collectively make an impact by supporting the innovative clients and communities SVB serves. We pride ourselves in having both a diverse client roster and an equally diverse and inclusive organization. And we work diligently to encourage all with different ways of thinking, different ways of working, and especially those traditionally underrepresented in technology and financial services, to apply.Job DescriptionDirector, Early Career Development
We are seeking a highly engaged people leader for SVB's Early Career Development (ECD) Program. ECD is an initiative designed to accelerate the development of diverse, early-career technologists through formal cohort-based learning and informal learning rotations that will grow the talent to power our technology transformation. This is a new initiative within SVB, and so you will have the opportunity to shape the program from the ground-up and be influential in improving and scaling ECD to meet the needs of a growing organization.
The ECD Director will be responsible for the overall management of a team of early career software engineers (10-15 FTEs) as they work through a long-term development program that will provide them with modern tech skills and an engineering excellence mindset. Further responsibilities of this role will include hiring and day-to-day management of the team as well as assisting with program logistics, curriculum development, the program experience, and providing ongoing coaching and feedback. In addition, you will need to establish and maintain an ongoing dialogue with the Technology Leadership team and the ECD team (Program Manager, Product Owner & Learning and Development) to accurately identify needs and provide required support. To be successful in this role, you will need to acquire a strong understanding of SVB's technology practices and appropriately manage entry level software engineers.Responsibilities
- Lead the team, while keeping a keen eye on the overall program experience from a technology modernization perspective
- Serve as a technology and engineering excellence expert to guide the development and iteration of the curriculum
- Create a safe learning environment for the team that fosters trust, comradery, and inclusion
- Partner closely with the program team to plan and execute on program touchpoints, coaching, performance reviews, team networking, DEI engagement and rotation reflections
- Mentor the team to ensure they deliver with high quality and predictability
- Work closely with technology leaders to ensure the participants are prepared to launch a successful tech career at SVB
- Lead multiple teams in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment
- Demonstrate excellent influence and leadership skills
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in leading, growing and building an engineering team
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Expertise with public cloud technologies (AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Azure)
- Experience building Responsive Mobile, Online Applications and API's
- Exposure to Swagger and Open API banking specifications
- Experience building microservices and deploying using CI/CD pipeline
- Experience working with teams located across multiple geographic locations
- Familiarity with business process management and data-driven workflows
- Excellent technical abilities with strong business, organizational and analytical skills
- Strong expertise with the end-to-end implications of technologies at scale
© 2021 SVB Financial Group. All rights reserved. SVB, SVB FINANCIAL GROUP, SILICON VALLEY BANK, MAKE NEXT HAPPEN NOW and the chevron device are trademarks of SVB Financial Group, used under license. Silicon Valley Bank is a member of the FDIC and the Federal Reserve System. Silicon Valley Bank is the California bank subsidiary of SVB Financial Group (Nasdaq: SIVB ).Equal Employment Opportunity
Silicon Valley Bank is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to expanding its commitments and investments to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive company culture and innovation ecosystem. We are strongly committed to the values and policy of equal employment opportunity across our employment practices.
Silicon Valley Bank is registered in England and Wales at Alphabeta, 14-18 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1BR, UK under No. FC029579. Silicon Valley Bank is authorised and regulated by the California Department of Business Oversight and the United States Federal Reserve Bank; authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority with number 577295; and subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details about the extent of our regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority are available from us on request.