The Director, Enterprise Architecture is responsible for aligning the Enterprise Architecture Framework and Strategic Solutions; providing technology governance to ensure architectural and strategic fit of projects and business systems and rationalizing applications in relation to the organization-s business requirements. Lead technical evaluation and selection of technologies, participates in RFP creation and evaluation where appropriate. Participates/leads technical solution design and cost estimation of IT projects. Serves as a futurist for Information Systems and keeps abreast of the competition and new innovative trends. This position is responsible for managing key vendor relationships and contracts.
Reports to Chief Architect, sets the technology architecture and oversees delivery of technology architectures services for, one of the portfolios of business units, i.e. Commercial P&L, GP P&L, Shared Services or Corporate Divisions
* Governs adherence to Horizon's Enterprise Architecture framework, policies, standards, governance and performance management.
* Serves as principal designer for enterprise-wide technical architecture solutions and leads the integration of all architecture viewpoints (Business, Information/Data, Applications, Technology, Solutions and Security)
* Application Portfolio Management and Technology Lifecycle Management - creation of technology scoring criteria/model, documentation and analysis of applications, creation and management of application disposition (enhance, maintain, retire, etc.) plans; ensure currency and appropriate compliance with vendor support policies, creation and management of technology/packaged software disposition plans
* Vendor Management - formalized oversight of vendor technology selection and integration and collaboration with strategic and tactical vendors.
* IT Innovation and New Technology Evaluation - drive innovation in IS and functionality to promote business productivity and growth; lead technical evaluation and selection of packaged software, participating in RFP creation and evaluation where appropriate, participate in the identification, feasibility assessment, and pilot of emerging technologies.
* IT Research & Benchmarking - Drive external research and benchmarking within IS; manage vendor relationships and optimize value derived from Research and Advisory Services suppliers.
* Pursue training and educational opportunities. Research and study trends, market shifts, and news related to our business and technology. Expand knowledge of the business in general and understand the concerns of the business not necessarily to IS.
* Delivery of Technology Strategy, Architecture and Design Services
* Bachelor's Degree Required
* Advanced Degree Preferred
* 15+ years of IT and business/industry work experience including architecture design and deployment, systems lifecycle management and infrastructure planning and operations, with 5 to 7 years of leadership experience in managing multiple, large cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders.
* Experience with one or more EA Frameworks * Zachman, TOGAF, EABOK, etc.
* Minimum of 7 years Healthcare Payer experience
* Must have significant experience with SALESFORCE
* Experience with one or more IT Governance Frameworks *COBIT/Val-IT, ITIL, ITGI, etc.
* Experience in Service Oriented Architectures, Business architecture, Component Business Modeling techniques and Business process modeling
* Experienced with High volume real-time transactional
* Experience in evaluating, selecting, piloting and implementing new technical architectures
* Proven experience in leading projects enterprise wide
* Expert knowledge of design and implementation of enterprise workflow systems, distributed architecture, intranet/internet architecture, and communication architectures
* Senior level knowledge of the system development life cycle, and system and application program development technological alternatives and architecture methodologies for multi-platform environments
* Must be technically competent in all phases of systems architecture design using state of the art rules-based architecture, object oriented component analysis and development (OOA, OOD,UML).
* Application Portfolio Management methodology
* Deep expertise in Healthcare Payer sector - Minimum 7 years
* Must be an excellent communicator (written, verbal, presentation) who can relate well to all levels of management and technical and non-technical personnel.
* The ability to work in a team environment and to contribute to multiple projects at once.
* Strong business acumen on par with technical knowledge.
* Knowledge of health-care related processes strongly preferred.
* Strong consultative and influencing skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills, exhibits calm and confident behaviors under pressure, anticipates the resource needs ahead and galvanizes resources to achieve desired results, finds and optimizes resources to get the job done.
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability and any other protected class as required by federal, state or local law.
Job Level Director
Expertise Information Technology
Job Type Full Time
Location Newark, NJ
Department: Information Technology