Director, Financial Systems
The Director, Financial Systems is responsible for supporting; planning and managing multiple Financial Systems, Integrations and Acquisitions projects/Programs for CoStar which is a $1.9 Billion publicly traded company. Leads and is intimately familiar with the processes performed by functional business areas supporting the CFO organization and leads (in collaboration with the VP, Accounting, VP Finance, VP Shared Services CFO & CTO) these functional business areas with systems integrations, business process reengineering, Oracle Cloud enhancements & other key systems deployment initiatives. The Director is also leading a team supporting and enhancing the existing portfolio of Financial and Corporate systems. Responsibilities:
- Partners with financial customer service project team on the implementations of Oracle Cloud financial systems implementation including Billing, AR, and Revenue, CRM, business intelligence and other systems.
- Continued support, maintenance & reporting for Oracle Cloud GL, Budget, AP, Procurement, Cash Management and Fixed Asset systems.
- Manages multiple on site and off site vendors supporting systems implementation projects.
- Assigns and directs the activities of professional and technical personnel involved in the design, development and systems analysis functions required to create new financial and other enterprise solutions and systems.
- Reviews and analyzes existing applications programs and programs in development to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of those programs; reviews requests for system changes
- Evaluates programming techniques and training needs then selects and implements training as required.
- Program manage the integration of systems, processes and data of all Acquired companies (e.g. Apartment.com, Apartment Finder, LoopNet, etc.) into Costar's financial, billing, reporting and CRM systems.
- Consolidates and facilitates prioritization of all projects requests for CoStar's financial systems' enhancements and modernization
- Manages the annual Financial Systems budget including, software maintenance, subscription expenses, capital Expenses and Professional services costs.
- Conducts meetings with senior level employees to determine systematic requirements based on new project priorities, changes in system needs.
- Business Process Improvement, reengineering and automation of key financial and cross functional processes
- Acts as the liaison of the CFO's organization to Corporate IT for all corporate financial System releases
- Leads Executive and other key stakeholders through Vendor selection of new systems to be added or replace the portfolio of current corporate and financial systems.
- Provides technical information and advice to departments regarding network interconnections and overall data processing master plans.
- Creates, maintains and leads the prioritization of a 3-5 years roadmap of all Finance and Accounting IT projects
- Solutions Architect for new capabilities that will automate current manual processes and result in costs reductions and overall efficiencies.
- Prepares regular steering Committee and other executive level reports for the CTO and CFO support showing functioning of the system, status of program development and division needs.
- Ensures all assigned projects follow the adopted systems development methodology. Publishes project work plans that are maintained and reported against.
- Leads a support team that provides 24/7 technical support for the following systems: Oracle Cloud ERP, Navision, BillTrust, Concur, Oracle BI Cloud Services, SF.com Service Cloud
- Primary liaison for Internal controls development and External IT and SOX compliance audit support
- Manages the QA - System, integration user acceptance testing (UAT) systems releases.
- Reviews performance of applications programs to ensure program efficiency, program documentation, and to ensure that output meets the needs of user departments.
- Lead an IT team of ~10 Professionals (Developers, functional Oracle experts, Project Managers, Business analysts) dedicated and focused on CoStar's Financial Systems in the CFO organization
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY:
- Fifteen (15) + years' experience in the management, development and support of systems in client server, midrange and / or enterprise server computing environments. At least 5+ years of this experience must be within a large, publicly traded organization.
- Technical Capacity. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field and / or related / equivalent experience.
- Extensive implementation and management experience with large ERP and CRM systems. Oracle Cloud experience desired and Oracle experience is a must have.
- Fully knowledgeable of the systems development life cycle, structured analysis, design and programming techniques, programming languages, file access methods, web-based tools / solutions, system utilities and development tools, application software packages, and PC-based packages used in development or support of production systems.
- Expertise in managing large-scale, complex ERP projects ($10M+).
- Experience managing IT operating budgets in excess of $5M.
- Expertise in leading and managing a large professional IT staff (10+).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Experience in leading inter-organization change to increase efficiency by the implementation of technology.
- International experience highly desirable.
- MBA or other related Master's Degree, preferred
- PMP Certification, preferred
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,300 worldwide.What's in it for you?
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent), with yoga studio, Pelotons, personal training, group exercise classes, as well as Segways and bikes available for use during the day
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing