About Retail Business Services
Retail Business Services is the services company of leading grocery retail group Ahold Delhaize USA, providing services to five omnichannel grocery brands: Food Lion, Giant Food, The GIANT Company, Hannaford and Stop & Shop. Retail Business Services leverages the size and scale of the local brands to provide industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to support their strategies. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we foster a community of belonging where everyone is valued. For more information, visit www.retailbusinessservices.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Position Title: Director, Network Services
Position Location: Quincy, MA or Chicago, IL or Greenville, SC or Salisbury, NC
Ahold Delhaize (AD) USA business operations and digital journey is dependent on a highly reliable network environment to provide secure access to technology platforms and best in class end user experience. This highly visible and senior leadership role will be accountable for leading AD USA's network services function and supporting multi-year strategy to transform the network, security, voice, and all associated technologies. This leader must bring full-stack technical depth spanning large scale enterprise networks, infrastructure, network security, multi-cloud offerings complimented by strong leadership, strategic thought leadership and collaboration skills. The leader will serve as the critical expert and point of contact across Ahold Delhaize for all things telecommunications, network security and cloud networking.
This role will be personally engaged in and responsible for the creation, development, execution, and supervision of all aspects of the AD USA's MPLS, VPN, Wireless, Data Center LAN, VoIP Telecommunications, Extranet, Azure Cloud Networking, Firewalls, Load Balancers, Cloud Proxy and DNS services across the enterprise. Under his/her direction, the team has responsibility for the 24/7 delivery of all shared communication infrastructure, incident restoration, MSP and supplier management, and maintain secure connectivity services for all brands. This is a highly visible role within Ahold Delhaize Global IT organization.
This leader sets the strategic direction of Network Services for AD USA while working closely with our brands and retail operations to ensure solutions meet the needs of the company. This leader will need to anticipate and champion new technologies that improve overall productivity for our associates and aligns the with the business unit goals and has technical and budgetary responsibility/accountability for all services across the network services (engineering, delivery, and operations) domain. This leader has vast responsibility over the complete lifecycle of the service from inception, implementation, retirement and/or refresh of the next generation and possess strong experience with managed service providers and telco vendor management while working in a heavily matrixed environment.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Leadership of Infrastructure Initiatives and Projects
Management of Infrastructure
• Ensures network and security initiatives are well managed and deliver on expectations regarding functionality, timeliness, and cost
• Direct design and implement network technology portfolios balancing high-quality and cost in accordance with Business requirements
• Ensure network projects have adequate and skilled resources to deliver on time and within budget
• Integrates diverse technologies and services in delivering business solutions.
• Coordinates design and delivery across multiple suppliers and managed servcies providers
• Responsible for continuous improvement of network stability, solutions, and experience in accordance with operational needs
• Ensure Network technology recoverability in support of Business and ITSM processes.
• Provdies leadership coverage and technical support to lead SMEs during major incidents
• Provides executive status updates to organization's senior executive leadership team on incident recovery efforts
• Escalates to suppliers senior leadership to expedite problem resolution/incident recovery
• Leads teams professional development, retention strategy, and strengthens relationships with peers teams, GSO, ISO, and PDL
2. Strategy Setting
Act in a strategy setting role to the Business for end user services, hosting services, and telecommunications services.
• Stay abreast of new technologies and service offerings within industry and marketplace.
• Collaborate with key enterprise wide stakeholders to seek out new opportunities and contributing to the success of the Business through innovative engagement.
• Actively engages with the business leaders to champion the value of new user technologies.
• Prepare and deliver executive level proposals regarding Infrastructure-related initiatives.
• Leads the development of the team's technology roadmap and ensures its integration with the overall IT and enterprise strategic plans
• Acts as a trusted advisor, and builds and maintains relationships with other IT leaders and senior executives to develop a clear understanding of enterprise needs; ensures cost-effective delivery of network services to meet those needs, and is able to respond with agility to changing industry priorities
• Partners with the IT senior leadership team on the service portfolio and governance required to prioritize resources and investments
• Drive Continuous improvement in Services and service levels provided to all AD USA's brands
• Partner with global and information security teams to support strategic initiatives and security improvements
• Proactively lead MSP teams to improve network stability, delivery of projects, and operational services
3. Contractual Governance and Oversight
Indirect Management of RBS's IT Suppliers and Partners
• Build and maintain a subject matter expertise of primary outsourcing supplier contracts
• Establish and maintain relationships with Suppliers and Partners to provide quality Infrastructure solutions and services to enable Business stability and competitiveness.
• Accountable for solution and cost delivery of 3rd party services
• Resolution of contractual disputes regarding services and cost
• Negotiate provisions for new services and pricing with Suppliers
• Proactively drives productivity, operations excellence, improves service levels, and closely manages MSPs and Suppliers performance and project delivery services
4. Financial Management
Preparation and management of IT financial plans for Infrastructure domains
• Prepares the annual expense budget for Infrastructure including current production and future initiatives
• Prepare capital plan input for Infrastructure projects
• Provides budgetary input to Application Development organization regarding network cost for business projects
• Ensure accuracy of charges from primary outsourcing Suppliers based on consumption validation of resource units
• Drive cost reduction efforts through proactive identification and retirement of underused and aging technology
• Leads network capacity planning and forecasting to budget investments with a timeline
5. Associate Leadership
Provides inspirational leadership to promote a high performance culture.
• Challenge Leads to create and recommend changes that improve network stability and total cost of ownership
• Partner with human resources (HR) and support its human capital and organizational effectiveness programs and initiatives. Operate in alignment with HR's strategies.
• Ensure the delivery of exceptional customer service and tangible outputs. Rely on industry standards, best practices, and qualitative & quantitative data to support and/or refine operations methodologies
• Develops people through coaching, training and development programs.
• Drives development of next generation IT talent by implementing career paths to associate performance and succession planning (bench strength)
• Drives associate development through collaboration and oversight of Individual Development Plans
• Oversees resource management and assignment delegation to direct reports
Requirements Basic Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree Required (computer science, engineering, information systems, business administration or other industry related curriculum)
• Master's Degree strongly preferred (computer science, engineering, information systems, business administration or other industry related curriculum)
• Cisco and Microsoft Azure certifications preferred
Experience will be evaluated as a combination of education, job experiences and recent growth and performance.
• 12+ years of working in a large scale, multi-supplier environment, with at least 10 years managing large scale network infrastructure and operations and 5 years designing, developing, configuring, and implementing enterprise networks with diverse solutions from multiple vendors
• 5+ years in leadership experience including MSP management experience
• 5+ years of experience in managing IT operations and delivery, including managerial roles of escalating responsibilities
• 3+ years of experience in managing cloud (Azure) network delivery and support
• Experience managing, deploying, and upgrading telecommunication network, voice networks, data and wireless networks, video networks, contact centers, unified communications, and cloud networking services globally.
• Experience and deep knowledge of Voice Technologies, VOIP, SIP, MPLS, SBC, Video Conferencing, Webcasting, SD-WAN, MPLS, Routing, Switching, SWG, Cloud technologies, Firewalls, Proxy, Load Balancers, Unified Communications and all related technologies
• Deep expertise with LAN/WAN/SDN connected infrastructures such as: routers, switches, firewalls, proxies, voice gateways, media converters, load balancers, WLAN controllers, VPN, NAC, as well as understanding of VLANs, NATs, tunneling protocols and other physical, virtual and cloud technologies, LDAP, DNS (GTM/LTM), SFTP/FTP, VoIP, IPsec, DNS, and DHCP
• Strong experience with Cisco, Arista, Palo Alto, zScaller, F5, Aruba, telecom, etc technologies
• SD-WAN implementation and operational support
Skills and Ability:
• Ability to articulate benefits of proposals.
• Ability to work collaboratively across multiple teams and suppliers.
• Communicates clearly and concisely verbally and in writing
• Ability to lead and energize others.
• Communication skills - This role will require outstanding communication skills, ability to provide balanced recommendations that include risk assessments, decision analysis, and advantages for proposed solutions
• Proven experience in navigating complex organizations, creative problem solving, and rational experimentation
• Expert knowledge in IT operations, designing secure, scalable and highly available data, voice and video networks on a global basis
• Strong business acumen, with experience in understanding and shaping technology investments in support of company strategy
• Exposure to business process development, governance processes, management and budgeting. Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills around collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation skills
• Strategic, operational and tactical planning for deployment of information technology infrastructure and network systems
• Integrated global capability delivery experience and project management
• Ability to inspire a multi-cultural, geographically dispersed team
• Proven track record of successful large-scale change leadership
• Strong experience managing and leading technical teams
• Strong knowledge of the Release and Life Cycle management practice
• Strong knowledge and experience implementing ITIL processes
• Prior experience in a similar role in multiple multi-national companies from a global perspective
• Prior experience in dealing with outsourcing and managing MSP's teams and outcomes
• Proven ability to develop relationships that influence at the executive level
• Strong understanding of project implementations, lifecycle management, and best practices.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Ability to develop and understand financial business cases, RU pricing model, ARC/RRC charges, and budget planning
• Experienced in developing network strategy from a business and operational perspective and provide effective leadership for a 24/7 network infrastructure team
• Proactively partners with technology and business leaders to gather and interpret requirements for existing and new technology deployments
• Oversee hardware and software life cycle management, providing roadmaps, asset deployment, inventory control and asset disposal adhering to corporate asset management policy and procedures
• Oversee and ensure proper design, standards governance, network security, stability, and continuous improvements for network services
• Contribute heavily to technical design patterns, principles and architectures
• Serve as a network lead related to activities associated with acquisitions, mergers, and/or divestitures, technical leadership, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), and Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA)
• Lead the development and documentation of all policies, processes and procedures related to operations management, to include training, testing, deployment and new business projects. Serve as point-of-contact relative to audits and compliance activities
• Acts as a trusted advisor, and builds and maintains relationships with other IT leaders and senior executives to develop a clear understanding of enterprise needs; ensures cost-effective delivery of network operations to meet those needs, and is able to respond with agility to changing industry priorities
• Develops the annual operating and capital expenditure budget for IT operations to ensure it is consistent with overall strategic objectives of IT and the enterprise and is within plan
• Leverages influencing and negotiation skills across IT and the enterprise to enable cost-effective and innovative shared solutions in achievement of enterprise goals.