For over a century, Neiman Marcus Group has served the unique needs of our discerning customers by staying true to the principles of our founders: to be the premier omni-channel retailer of luxury and fashion merchandise dedicated to providing superior service and a distinctive shopping experience in our stores and on our websites. Neiman Marcus Group is comprised of the Specialty Retail Stores division, which includes Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman, and our international brand, mytheresa.com. Our portfolio of brands offers the finest luxury and fashion apparel, accessories, jewelry, beauty, and home dcor. The Company operates more than 40 Neiman Marcus full-line stores in the most affluent markets across the United States, including U.S. gateway cities that draw an international clientele. In addition, we operate 2 Bergdorf Goodman stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City. We also operate more than 40 Last Call by Neiman Marcus off-price stores that cater to a value oriented, yet fashion minded customer. Our upscale eCommerce and direct-to-consumer division includes NeimanMarcus.com, BergdorfGoodman.com Horchow.com, LastCall.com, and CUSP.com. Every day each of our 15,000 NMG associates work towards the goal of enabling our customers to shop any of our brands "anytime, anywhere, and on any device." Whether the merchandise we sell, the customer service we offer, or our investments in technology, everything we do is to enhance the customer experience across all channels and brands.
We seek top talent for a high-visibility role to join the leadership team to drive the newly formed Omni-Channel Experience and Engineering organization. This is a progressive, forward thinking organization that believes in a product culture and agile ways of working.
This role will be responsible for managing our Digital Platform Engineering and our internal Omni-Channel assisting tools. This includes several custom applications & tools built using best in class open-source frameworks & cloud native tools & libraries.
With our cloud first strategy, this role will create a roadmap & collaborate with our Cloud COE team and ensure that the Omni-Channel selling platform build outs are fully automated and lead the implementation of cloud delivery model and architecture while continuously keeping abreast of cloud solutions offerings and recommend adoptions into the enterprise for PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS solutions. She/he will perform overall capacity planning and forecasting for the cloud while implementing cloud optimization strategies and creating and maintaining cloud deployment architectures.
This role will also lead a team of dedicated Neiman Marcus employees and 3rd Party partner team members both onshore and offshore. This position also acts as a functional and technical leader for our digital product teams. The successful candidate must be highly effective and influential in a matrix structure of functional business areas, building teams and IT sourcing strategies. The successful candidate will be a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of building well architected systems delivery on time and on/under budget, and obsession about the customer experience. Must have very strong technical background to participate, solution and challenge technical solutions.
Qualified candidates have extensive experience building product roadmaps, working with product owners to prioritize the backlog, champion progressive thinking and delivering products/tools & capabilities that meet rapidly evolving business needs.
This position also acts as a functional and technical leader for our platform engineering and Omni-Channel tools that assist in selling online promotion management tool, catalog category management tool & other store systems tools.
ESSENTIAL ABILITIES, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor or advanced degree in IT, Computer Science, business or related field
- Prior experience in working with organizational change management/leadership and process change management.
- In-depth experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems.
- 15 or more years of IT systems experience in one or more of the following areas, with demonstrated progression of responsibilities:
- Application delivery (preferably eCommerce/web/Mobile app/POS/Omni-Channel Systems)
- Enterprise-scale application management
- Software product management
- IT/system product design and product strategy
- Business process reengineering
- Organizational development
- 5 or more years experience in a leadership role with direct reports and people management responsibilities
- 5 or more years of experience managing and being accountable for budgets
- 5 or more years of experience with Agile software development
- 5 or more years experience in business process and/or technology implementation
- 5 or more years experience managing third party vendor relationships and offshore development teams to achieve business outcomes
- 4 or more years experience at a manager level or above delivering global IT capabilities for a multi-national company with annual budgetary responsibilities
- A engineering veteran in digital space having worked their way up through the programming ranks, developed great skills and instincts for creating great software
- Must be a hands-on technical leader
- Working experience with Cloud based technology
- Expert in leveraging and evolving a Continuous Delivery/Integration pipeline and QA Automation to drive agility
- Experience with building and managing larger NoSql data store clusters in cloud environment
- Track record of successfully building and scaling AWS cloud-based systems and managing platforms and applications across multiple data centers
- Experience in building and managing large Amazon EC2 container based clusters for web platforms
- Hands-on experience in a multitude of domains; including, but not limited to enterprise and cloud infrastructure design and management, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, identity management, resource provisioning, virtual computing and storage, and backup, service delivery
- Strong understanding of architecture patterns and operational characteristics of highly available and scalable applications
- Experience building large-scale web services, micro-services based application in the cloud environment
- Passion for security and a strong understanding of threats, vulnerabilities and compliance standards
- Technical and business knowledge of enterprise data centers and cloud infrastructure operations
- Experience building multi-tenant, virtualized infrastructure