Job Description Director, Product Management
We offer the full lifecycle of design, delivery, and ongoing management, with an extensive services suite including:
- Managed SD-WAN helps enterprises optimize their global networks in terms of performance and cost.
- Managed SD-LAN helps enterprises remove the burden of day-to-day management and allows the IT team to focus on the business.
- Managed Secured Gateway and Cloud-based Network Services helps enterprises secure their Internet and Web traffic without investing in technology or infrastructure.
This is an opportunity for a highly energetic individual to join our organization as a Director, Product Management. This person will have a strong understanding of Software Defined Networking (SDN), Network Function Virtualization (NFV), and Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN). This position will be responsible for the overall strategy and direction to reshape enterprise network services with SD-WAN offerings to support customers' business needs. This candidate will provide vision and tactical leadership to drive broader adoption of migration to SD-WAN services, NFV/SDN cloud services, and public/private cloud connection services. The candidate will leverage proven leadership and collaboration skills to deliver NFV/SDN and SD-WAN service products by leading cross-functional teams within the Company to execute approved tactical product rollout plans.
The candidate must be able to perform the following duties on a day-to-day basis:
Skills and Experience
- Understand the customer requirements and market trends and the drivers of next generation services to provide input to development initiatives
- Work closely with development team for product documentation, including service descriptions and documentation for sales training and customer presentations
- Formulate product/services positioning to guide sales activities
- Provide product training to sales and sales engineering teams
- Work with marketing to put together product marketing materials and to drive new product/feature rollouts
- Support customer calls, RFP/RFI and key opportunities when it is required
- Project manage key initiatives from time to time
- Ensure new products have proper process to support from quote to cash, as well as steady state support
- Closely work with engineering teams for new products and existing product enhancements
- Provide support to sales teams in multiple regions
- Must be open to travel around 50% of time
- 10+ years overall experience in telecom business, 5+ years in product management, previous hands-on technology role, such as IP engineering, product development, sales engineering in selling managed enterprise network services, etc.
- Must have an in-depth understanding and a passion for network business and previous working background in network technology and/or services.
- In-depth understanding of one or more of the following key areas: SD-WAN, public/private/hybrid cloud, enterprise security is required.
- Solid understanding of enterprise IT's network needs
- Extensive knowledge and expert level of understanding of WAN technologies (IP VPN, MPLS, DIA, Broadband, and LTE/4G), Managed Enterprise network services, SD-WAN technologies, network virtualization/SDN technologies, and a variety of SD-WAN vendors, such as Cisco Viptela, Silver Peak, Versa, VeloCloud, Fortinet, etc.
- Must have both a technical and commercial understanding of the network business
- Strong understanding of product development and management life cycles
- Proven project management skills
- Creative writing skills and the ability to put complex technical matters into an abstract/easy to understand business proposition.
- Ability to do presentation in front of executives, large audience and customer IT staff
- Ability to establish partnerships with other teams such as operations, sales and vendors.
- Flexibility to take on different tasks as needed
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree - degrees encompassing both technical and business disciplines would be a plus
- Willingness and ability to conduct and attend meetings and field communication outside of normal working hours to accommodate teams based internationally, as needed
- Ability to work effectively with clients, senior management, staff and vendors
- Previous experience working with/presenting to an executive audience and customers
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills required
RCM Technologies is a leading provider of IT Business Solutions and Engineering Services to over 1,000 clients in the commercial and government sectors. RCM partners with clients to define implement and manage a broad range of technologies across multiple platforms, systems, and networks. Our broad geographic presence ensures that a proven and reliable tactical and strategic capability is available and deployable virtually everywhere in North America.
RCM Technologies, (USA) Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. RCMT encourages applicants of all ages.