What will you do
At Draeger, our work is dedicated to protecting, supporting and saving lives. We are looking for a talented individual to join our patient monitoring team to help deliver new features and product enhancements that will improve patient outcomes and reduce the cost of medical care around the world.
Under general direction, manages the planning and execution of software engineering/product development, and engineering staff development. Overall responsibility for ensuring that software development efforts are successful within a larger product development program.
Who you are Education
- Plans and directs engineering activities with overall responsibility for the architecture, design, development & testing of all software projects. Establishes product development processes and metrics that effectively measure and improve team performance.
- Implement the Agile-based development practices that will achieve availability of new solutions as quickly as possible while ensuring great quality. Ensures all engineering projects, initiatives and processes are in conformance with organization s established policies and objectives.
- Ensuring products are designed for usability, scalability, global localization, security, and ease of installation, upgrade, and support. Builds, leads, manages, and coaches an engineering team to ensure effective and efficient execution of staff efforts. Selects, implements, and trains engineering development tools.
- Seeks innovative ways to improve development productivity through the introduction of new technologies, systems, methods and controls. Monitors technology trends such as emerging standards and new technology opportunities. Works with other key stakeholders to define new products and ensure products meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Assists in developing capital, operating, staffing and project budgets. Establishes annual Department operating objectives and plans, and makes staffing and compensation decisions.
- Monitors project status, taking or approving corrective action as required in terms of schedules, budgets, priorities, staffing, and work quality.
- Stay current on new technologies and innovation and standards in the broader technology space and introduce and integrate these technologies into the team and the solutions being built.
- Performs other duties as needed and assigned.
: Bachelor s degree in engineering or a related technical field or the equivalent in education, training and experience; Master s degree preferred. Related Experience
: Minimum of 10 years of engineering management experience, medical product development experience preferred. Experience managing remote teams desirable. Experience delivering a complex portfolio of products in SCRUM & Agile Development Processes desirable. Special Competencies or Certifications
- Strategic thinker
- Project management
- Conflict resolution
- Catalyst for change
- Communication and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of FDA Design Control requirements