3003 Summit Blvd, Atlanta, GA, USADivision:
Cox AutomotiveJob Level:
Yes, 25 % of the TimeSchedule:
Day JobRequisition Number:
Our Engineering division is detail-oriented and extraordinarily passionate. We thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems and creating leading edge software solutions for our business. We are looking for humble, smart and hungry individuals who are comfortable working with an agile approach to software engineering.
The Director, Software Engineering is responsible for providing guidance and direction to software engineering managers and teams leading software development for the Digital Retail as a Service - which envisions innovative platform for all partners involved in vehicle commerce (such as dealers, lenders, suppliers, consumers) to cross-integrate via API. He or she works closely with leaders of functional groups (such as Architecture and Product) to ensure the development of API infrastructure and software platform that provides strategic value for the organization. The Director will be responsible for technology strategy, software engineering oversight, process improvement, risk mitigation, budget management, and hiring.
- Leader: We need someone who can inspire and coach engineering managers and team members.
- Communication: We need someone who can give feedback (both positive and constructively critical). Communicate clearly and concisely to implement leading/best practices and processes to ensure alignment across the Engineering teams.
- Social: We need someone who knows how to work in and out of organizational boundaries and is not difficult to work with. You will need to positively work through situations of healthy conflict when they occur.
- Ownership: We need someone who will own ensure our teams continually create software that solves business problems. You will need to ensure our teams develop software in the right way. You will need to make sure our organization continues to improve at the craft.
- Innovation: Promote a culture of innovation that shares technology effectively and responsibly; you will refine and embody a cross-functional Engineering culture that works for all departments, encouraging knowledge transfer and professional growth.
- Leadership and management of managers responsible for engineering teams and providing overall technical direction. Provide professional development and mentorship to managers and team members.
- Establish software engineering standards and guidelines for software engineering organization.
- Conceives team structure and constantly seeks opportunities to adjust team structure to maximize agility and efficiency.
- Champion communications on technology and strategic initiatives
- Establish a fun, creative and enjoyable environment balanced with strong collaboration and productivity.
- Present issues and risks, and their business impact to management in a timely manner with proposed mitigation. Actively seeks and removes impediments to team success regardless of where they originate.
- Human resource contributions associated with the team, including recruiting, hiring, performance evaluation, and coaching.
- Monitor and manage budget for software engineering teams.
- Collaboration across multiple business units and functional departments to develop and deploy solutions that address key business initiatives, supporting new revenue opportunities.
- Inspire the division to strive for innovation, efficiency, continual learning and a desire to search for new ideas and technologies.
- Continuously improves software development productivity, quality, predictability, and team morale.
- Establish people management and processes to attract and retain the best talent in the software and technology space.
- Bachelor's degree is recommended and a Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline
- 10+ Years engineering background with 5+ years leadership experience in a software development organization with practical experience working in Agile environments with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Proven ability to lead teams of Engineers and advance software development practices.
- Exceptional leadership, coaching, and management skills
- Highly entrepreneurial, creative, open-minded, highly collaborative and innovative
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment.
- Familiarity with deploying infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform, AWS CloudFormation).
- Knowledge and experience in continuous delivery methodologies like continuous integration, continuous deployment and continuous automated testing.
- Advise and provide strategic recommend and alternatives for the overall Information Technology landscape
- Technology leader with broad knowledge across all areas of technology. With proven track record of evaluating, analyzing, designing, implementing, leading, and monitoring effective and efficient technology, processes to proactively improve performance while ensuring maximum cost/benefit meets budgetary requirements
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with a variety of audiences and stakeholders including, but not limited to, Executive and Senior Management, Business Leaders/Managers and colleagues worldwide
- Experience with business drivers and how those relate to software development
- Experience with the Agile approach to software engineering
- Effective communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems independently with creative approaches
- Ability to create clear goals and foster accountability/ownership
- Skilled in balancing risk with time-to-market objectives
- Highly self-motivated and customer-focused
- Ability to think big and challenge conventional ways of working
Who We Are About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.