802 Delaware Avenue (18052), United States of America, Wilmington, Delaware
Director, Software EngineeringDirector, Software Engineering
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? Do you enjoy solving complex challenges with open source technologies in a fast-paced, collaborative, and creative environment? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask "what if?"
Capital One is seeking a Senior Director of Software Engineering to lead, manage, mentor, and build an extremely talented software engineering team to deliver a game changing customer experience across all customer touch points. This leader must have the ability to attract and recruit the industry's best talent, and simultaneously have the technical chops to ensure that we build compelling, customer oriented solutions in an iterative methodology. Success in the role requires an innovative mind, a proven track record of delivering new consumer-facing software products, rigorous analytical skills, and a passion for creating market-leading software for millions of customers. Background:
- Technologist: Strong engineering and technology background with the ability to learn quickly and go deep into our product and engineering solutions.
- Effective Communication: Excellent listener; proven collaborator with superiors, peers and staff.
- Partnership Attitude: Have the competencies to build very strong partnerships with other technology leaders that enable your team's ability to stay on the leading edge of industry solutions.
- Curious: Hands-on, "roll up your sleeves" collaborative style of working.
- Passionate: Bring energy and enthusiasm to the job and organization.
- Bold: History of taking smart, calculated risks and aggressively leading through change.
- Achiever: Consistently attain/exceed individual and team goals.
- Leadership: the ability to inspire your teammates to deliver quality software solutions
- Lead, manage and grow subject matter experts in data and solution architecture to produce resilient, scalable software and secure data with highest quality.
- Embrace and incubate emerging technology and open source products across all platforms
- Work to modernize our existing tech stacks
- Collaborate with internal teams to find areas of opportunities for automation and machine learning.
- Partner with architects, product owners, and software engineers to drive the implementation of new applications
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across our full stack, with a particular focus on back-end and middleware platforms and technologies.
- Lead efforts to develop and deploy new and existing applications into AWS environments
- Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards
- Foster and cultivate a culture of continuous delivery and improvement with an emphasis on full lifecycle ownership of the applications that your teams deliver
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Create proof of concepts and see through projects through production
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 7 years' experience in software development and data management
- At least 7 years' experience in developing scalable applications and architectural standards
- At least 5 years' experience in people management
- Master's Degree
- 3+ years of experience of working with Core banking platforms
- 3+ years experience with Amazon Web Services
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).