Do you want to make a meaningful difference in the quality of healthcare? Omnicell is empowering health systems and pharmacies to radically transform the way they manage medications, so they can achieve the vision of the Autonomous Pharmacy. Thousands of hospitals, pharmacies, skilled nursing facilities and care homes trust Omnicell to provide continuous innovation. They need us to deliver solutions to meet the ever-evolving challenges of the healthcare landscape. We encourage creative problem solving and outside-the-box thinking that only a diverse, well-rounded workforce can bring.
Join us as we build on our powerful combination of advanced automation, predictive intelligence, and expert services to create a safer future for patients-one where medication errors are a thing of the past. You'll be joining an organization whose culture encourages individual development, rewards intellectual curiosity, and embraces an inclusive environment. Join our growing company and help shape the future at Omnicell! Director, Sustaining Engineering
The Director, Sustaining will lead and manage a cross functional team of engineers who will provide sustaining engineering support for all Omnicell devices. Sustaining activities will include design changes not directed by product management, but those that are required to ensure devices can be manufactured and supported. The Director, Sustaining will manage the ECR/ECN process for the Robotics & Automation organization, and will report to the VP, Robotics & Automation. Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Manage and lead a cross functional engineering team to provide sustaining engineering support for all Omnicell devices.
- Collaborate with technical teams throughout the company, especially manufacturing and supply chain, to ensure Omnicell devices can be adequately manufactured and supported.
- Provide coaching, guidance, and performance feedback to engineers. Facilitate professional development to enhance employee growth opportunities and output.
- Lead initiatives within Operations to ensure accurate project prioritization and follow-up on timelines.
- Develop high-level plans, schedules, resource assignments, and budgets for larger sustaining projects that reduce product cost, improve product quality and increase production capacity.
- Manage engineering support to identify and support production outsourcing and materials vendors, including qualifications associated with vendor changes.
- Coordinate engineering responses for Non-Conformances, CAPA, complaints, technical questions and regulatory reviews.
- Embody the key corporate values: passionate transformer, relationships matter, intellectual curiosity, mission driven, entrepreneurial, and doing the right thing.
- Strong understanding current design and development methodologies for software controlled electro-mechanical devices, as well as engineering change request/engineering change notice processes
- Excellent functional management experience (managing a group of direct reports, being able to build high performing teams and structure organizations)
- Strong communication, collaboration, and teamwork skills to work with peers, internal stakeholders, external partners and company leadership to sustain device product portfolio.
- B.S. in Engineering or related field
- 10+ years' experience in technical or engineering roles, within product development or manufacturing engineering and complex software controlled electro-mechanical devices.
- 5+ years' experience leading a technical or engineering team
- Master's Degree or Higher
- Product development or manufacturing within healthcare technology or medical device industry
- Office environment
- Travel up to 20%
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.