Title: Director Cloud Big Data & Data Warehouse - with experience in Pharmaceutical / Life Sciences
Location: Berkeley Heights, NJ
Duration: Full Time/Direct Hire
- Identify and Understand client issues, gaps in their existing technology / tactical implementations, and recommend DW/BI/Big Data Solutions to meet their immediate and long-term needs
- Design and implement DWH project as per requirements.
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing concepts
- Work closely with client partners to conceptualize and develop the right client solution
- Act and be seen as trusted advisor by both client and internal stakeholders
- Lead solution design using open source and enterprise level big data technologies and platforms
- Lead development of solution on big data and cloud stack
- Experience in managing and building solution on cloud environment (AWS, Azure etc.)
- Client Needs Assessment, Project scoping for projects
- Design, Conceptualize analytics algorithms / workflow to address client needs on a big data / cloud-based platform
- Developing Analysis Model for the business subject areas
- Troubleshoot and Resolve technical issues
- Demonstrate technical and strategic leadership
- Lead and Own delivery of technical engagements by exceeding customer expectations
- Provide expert consultation for big-data architecture and best practices to customers and internal employees
- Prepare Estimation and Pricing for customer and internal projects
- Lead medium to large size projects, and manage the execution by planning project activities, assigning tasks to team, tracking and monitoring the tasks, and working with close coordination with the senior leadership (both client and internal)
- Provide training and support for internal employees and customers
- Mentor large team to build required capabilities and technical strength
- Need to actively contribute to Pre-Sales /BD for custom solutions
- Identify and develop use cases, POCs, demos to demonstrate our capability in Big Data and in our ability to understand and address business problems
- Author solutions for current and potential customer concerns, including responding to RFPs and developing white papers
Desired Skills & Experience
- Overall 8+ years of experience in technical leadership in Business Technology and Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing/Big Data / Cloud technology areas. Must have designed and implemented Big Data solutions as Lead Architect and / or Delivery Manager for at more than three end-to-end large scale systems.
- Strong Knowledge of Data Integration and Data Warehouse architecture, requirement analysis, design, development and testing using various SDLC processes (Waterfall model, Agile).
- Strong experience of database development and data modelling (relational and dimensional data modeling).
- Hands-on experience and proficiency in: -
- Pig, Hive Hbase or other NoSQL databases
- Experience Architecting large scale distributed systems, especially those involving Hadoop/Mapreduce, NoSQL databases, Elastic Search and Graphs
- Hands-on Experience with tuning Hadoop-Map Reduce and SPARK over large datasets
- Should have successfully done at least three ends to end large implementations using Big Data technologies
- Expert knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL
- Knowledge in Data Analysis & Logical Data Modelling
- Self-starter who can work independently.
- Team-player who is pleasant to work with.
- Excellent at both verbal and written communications (must be able to represent Axtria and lead discussions with both technical and business leaders in the organization)
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong aptitude toward problem solving and working with large data sets
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects while meeting deadlines and documenting progress towards those deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science. MBA / Master s Degree/PhD is preferred
- Experience working on Pharma/Life Sciences projects will be a plus
The exact nature of duties as well as the salary and compensation package will be commensurate with experience and salary history.
Axtria is a global provider of cloud software and data analytics to the Life Sciences industry. We help Life Sciences companies transform the product commercialization journey to drive sales growth and improve healthcare outcomes for patients. We are acutely aware that our work impacts millions of patients and lead passionately to improve their lives.
Since our founding in 2010, technology innovation has been our winning differentiation, and we continue to leapfrog competition with platforms that deploy Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Our cloud-based platforms - Axtria DataMax, Axtria SalesIQ , and Axtria MarketingIQ - enable customers to efficiently manage data, leverage data science to deliver insights for sales and marketing planning, and manage end-to-end commercial operations. With customers in over 30 countries, Axtria is one of the biggest global commercial solutions providers in the Life Sciences industry. We continue to win industry recognition for growth and are featured in some of the most aspirational lists - INC 5000, Deloitte FAST 500, NJBiz FAST 50, SmartCEO Future 50, Red Herring 100, and several other growth and technology awards.
Axtria is looking for exceptional talent to join our rapidly growing global team. People are our biggest perk! Our transparent and collaborative culture offers a chance to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry. Axtria Institute, our in-house university, offers the best training in the industry and an opportunity to learn in a structured environment. A customized career progression plan ensures every associate is setup for success and able to do meaningful work in a fun environment. We want our legacy to be the leaders we produce for the industry. Will you be next?