Client Reference Code:
235686 JOB SUMMARY
Responsible for management and oversight of Data Management supporting strategic business aligned with corporate strategy which includes SOLO DB/SOLO SYNC and operational reporting. Provide technical direction on design and development of all Hadoop strategies by working with the business to ensure the reports have accurate data. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Implement effective meta-data management, data quality management, data governance and data security policies.
- Stabilize, standardize and implement the operating model for enterprise to maintain a successful delivery of projects which requires timely delivery and quality of service.
- Guide the business, IT by leveraging industry best practices, reusable architectures in Big Data implementations.
- Maintain a close collaboration with business partners and develop requirements, planning and execution of projects.
- Excellent management skills including managing technical resources(developers and testers), raising and resolving issues and risks, managing timelines, interfacing with project managers, offshore teams etc.
- Manage contractors/consultants as necessary to achieve departmental objectives.
- Ensures compliance with IT standards, policies and procedures.
- Support other duties as needed for the overall SOLO DB/SOLO SYNC and other related implementations.
- Accountable for the function's budgets
- Keep current with trends and technological innovations in the Cable and IT industry, and make appropriate development recommendations.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Basic computer skills, with proficiency with Word and Excel
- Knowledge of computer and/or network systems, applications, procedures and techniques
- Experience leading others and providing constructive feedback
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
- Ability to work with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations
- Demonstrated knowledge of information technologies and methodologies related to assigned IT segment or area
- Displays a sense of urgency to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- A team player with the ability to enable changes in the business processes and ability to work cooperatively with all groups is essential
- Ability to multi-task and handle on a pro-active basis, changing priorities in a fast-paced environment in order to maximize time-management and efficiencies
- Demonstrated ability to successfully distill complex technical information into clear, concise yet comprehensive communication material
- Demonstrated ability to meet rigorous deadlines while managing multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Outstanding work ethic; displays a high sense of urgency to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Proven knowledge of information technologies and methodologies related to assigned IT segment or area
- Ability to exercise, on a regular basis, independent judgment and discretion in performance of job duties
- Ability to recruit, motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job
- Skillfully synthesizes large quantities of complex information under pressure. Distills it to the most critical issues and draws accurate conclusions, taking into account a high degree of uncertainty Experience relaying sensitive information to appropriate parties
- Keeps clients, superiors, peers, and direct reports updated based on their information needs
- Strong technical skills with knowledge of a wide variety of tools and technologies and extensive knowledge in a subset of these skills
- Ability to effectively manage operational and project budgets
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or related field or equivalent work experience Related Work Experience
7 - 10 years IT work experience
5 - 7 years Leadership experience
3 - 5 years Project management experience WORKING CONDITIONS
Office environment Job Code :
IGN735 Dir, IT Exempt
Information Technology Services