The Director, Enterprise Architect is responsible for the design, implement, and governance of enterprise architecture and technical roadmap of client’s software products. This critical role provides guidance to Engineering, works with Product Owners to determine system scope and ensures project teams are working efficiently using the latest and best-in-class technologies and enterprise standards. They are looking to hire an experienced and motivated technologist who possesses a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills to build innovative solutions.
- Drive the vision, innovation, development process and systems design for applications.
- Lead critical platform infrastructure engineering efforts in analyzing and translating business information and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint.
- Analyze our current architecture to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Develop standards, patterns and best practices for reuse and acceleration.
- Provide leadership across the engineering community to ensure solutions are built in alignment with platform principles.
- Participate in cross-functional teams and set the architectural direction for key business initiatives.
- Develop solutions that are inherently secure, robust, scalable, modular, API centric and global.
- Conduct proof-of-concept projects that validate new features and 3rd party technologies.
- Apply architectural best practices that help increase execution velocity.
- Assess impact of future technologies. Understand and plan for the ongoing forward evolution of the current product or future products.
- Design new schemas and oversee the migration of PHI and non-PHI data from legacy systems to new solutions (ie: Individual Micro services, Vertical Stacking, etc).
- Acquire and apply advanced subject matter knowledge to complex business issues. Frequently contribute to the development of new ideas and methods.
- Influence, Negotiate and Lead technology alternative evaluations and implementations across the organization.API's
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in software engineering, computer science, or similar educational/experience equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years hands-on experience in a dynamic, fast-paced software development environment with focus on Microsoft tech stack (C#, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core and WPF)
- Proven experience as an architect.
- Proven developer that has risen through the ranks.
- Knowledge/experience with Agile development processes.
- Hands on experience of migrating legacy applications to modern cloud based application
- Hands on experience with cloud development and deployment best practices on AWS or Azure
- Understanding of how to architect and design applications to run optimally within virtual environment; e.g. VMWare, Hyper-V, Kubernetes.
- Expert technical understanding of software design patterns and anti-patterns
- Experience in defining architectural and design solutions to address cybersecurity and software security issues for large software applications.
- Leveraging experience and expertise to identify security issues in the architecture and design of new features.
- Experience with enterprise application development.
Nice to have (s):
- Strong knowledge in EDI, HL7 and 3rd party API integrations.
- Hands on experience in JSFrameworks / Angular / Angular Materials / Dev Extreme
- Hands on experience using SignalR, RabbitMQ or ActiveMQ