Director – Insurance Practice
Our client in NYC is seeking a dynamic, seasoned outcome-focused leader tasked with representing all of client’s solutions & collaborating with our marquee technology partners (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft, Salesforce, Tableau) to grow our Insurance business. The Director will set strategic direction, deliver solutions, drive sales, and help with operational aspects. Report to MD and Head of Banking Financial Services and Insurance Practice.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Market Leadership – Demonstrate deep understanding of trends and value drivers in multiple Insurance segments, operating and emerging technology environment and opportunities for transformation. Bring industry perspectives and new insights to client and internal conversations, tailors existing capabilities to create new offerings that generate value for the client and us. Attend select industry forums. Contribute to the brand and knowledge capital by publishing white papers, speaking at industry events and/or client workshops, etc.
- Services and Offerings – Understand and describe value of our solutions and portfolio of offerings with clarity and passion to differentiate in the market. Align our services to the client’s needs. These include Human-centered Experience Design, Tech Enablement Services (Cloud, CRM/Salesforce), Data & Analytics (Data Architecture, Data Management, Data Visualization), Strategy & Operations, and Business-Aligned Services while collaborating with our marquee technology partners (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft, Salesforce, Tableau.
- Financial Fundamentals – Oversee P&L of select accounts in the Insurance practice. Develop applicable revenue targets for priority clients and coordinate with Practice leaders to deliver results. Lead business and market development activities, responsible for sales pipeline and client backlog. Understand relevant contractual terms. Direct accountability to drive $5-$7M in annual revenue at priority clients, in aggregate.
- Communication – Practice active listening, demonstrate empathy, and adapt message and style to the audience and subject. Lead group meetings and executive discussions. Effectively connect and drive meaningful dialog with a CXO level audience. Produce logical, accurate and concise communications, ask critical questions, able to influence and persuade. Communicate credibly and with impact. Facilitate client satisfaction surveys, where applicable. Provide guidance and coaching to assigned team members.
- Account Planning – Lead development of client-centric account strategy and GTM plan. Conduct strategic analysis (e.g. SWOT) to identify client opportunities. Map client’s needs with our capabilities. Identify and position transformation solutions to deliver significant value. Engage clients proactively to identify how we can help realize clients’ strategy. Lead / support the negotiation of Master Service Agreements, Statements of Work, responses to RFP and other requisite legal documentation in support of business objectives.
- Drive for Results – Exhibit a relentless drive to realize goals and win-win outcomes. Focus on key performance drivers and client value. Respond to critical escalated issues, resolve competing priorities and drive alignment across teams. Maintain oversight of work and deliverables on select accounts to ensure client value.
- Consultative Selling – Inspire trust and address client’s priorities with speed and effectiveness. Develop strategies for gaining access to and developing relations with key clients, decision-makers and influencers. Display gravitas and executive presence. Use references, data and stories to drive impact. Deploy individualized approach to obtain buy-in. Understand different motivations and interpersonal dynamics.
- 14+ years of progressive leadership experience with focus in Insurance industry.
- Direct experience shaping and delivering transformation in multiple Insurance businesses (Property & Casualty focused on specialty and commercial, Insurance Brokers)
- Understanding of traditional Insurance processes, emerging tech and operations
- Proven experience in developing GTM content, thought leadership, marketing solutions and assets to respond to digital disruption and shape conversations
- 5+ years experience managing teams of 5+ resources through all lifecycles of a project
- 3+ years IT services firm or Big5 Consulting experience managing a large account or multiple accounts; demonstrated relationships with senior clients
- Experience managing transformational programs that incorporate people, processes, and technology.
- Demonstrated experience delivering high-impact consulting services
- Relevant experience managing to utilization targets
- Experience managing the performance of individual consultants, either direct reports and/or as members of project teams
- Post Masters of Business Administration (MBA) experience preferred
- Previous P&L and direct revenue responsibilities
- Active and transferable industry relationships in NYC area
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Excellent negotiation, conflict management, problem solving and decision making skills
- Proven track record of client satisfaction