About Retail Business Services
Retail Business Services, LLC, is the services company of Ahold Delhaize USA, currently providing services to five East Coast grocery brands, including Food Lion, The GIANT Company, Giant Food, Hannaford and Stop & Shop. Retail Business Services leverages the scale of the local brands to drive synergies and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies with services including Information Technology, Merchandising, Marketing & Sourcing Services, Private Brand Products, Pharmacy Services, Not for Resale, Store Services, Financial Services, Legal Services, Communications, Supply Chain and People Systems and Services. Retail Business Services operates across seven campuses in the Greater Charlotte, Harrisburg, D.C., Portland, Boston and Chicago Areas. For more information, visit www.retailbusinessservices.com. To stay updated with the latest news, follow Retail Business Services on LinkedIn (@Retail-Business-Services) and Twitter (@RBServicesNews).
Position Title: Director Brand Relationship
Position Location: Carlisle, PA
The Business Relationship Director will serve as an IT partner to the Brands and will identify needs for the process and technology solutions in key strategic and evolving business initiatives. The Director is responsible for understanding the Brand business, assisting in the prioritization of projects, ensuring that projects align with the technology that provides maximum return on investment and value, and directing IT strategy in support of the overall Brand business strategy.
The Director, serving as on-site supervisor, is expected to demonstrate leadership expertise to establish strategic direction and significant depth of technical, business and financial expertise in business technology solutions, as well as deep understanding of customer processes and business operations.
Additional responsibilities include soliciting and managing customer satisfaction with IT solutions, engaging cross domain and intra-domain resources to deliver seamless, high quality technology solutions to business partners.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Principle Duties and Responsibilities (essential functions)
• Develop strategy, policy, service delivery objectives and best practices for the design and delivery of technology solutions to the Brand.
• Develop, manage and understand IT's partnership and interactions with the Brand; strengthen business perceptions of the value that IT is providing.
• Drive coordination of Business Relationship Management strategic planning process and development and ensure alignment with broader IT strategic objectives.
• Determine the business needs and desired portfolio composition, which will serve as base for decisions on projects throughout the year. This includes portfolio/investment allocation, portfolio demand forecasting, and large initiatives capability planning.
• Develop business case to implement new technologies and to communicate and drive financial value to the business
• Provide vision for and direct oversight of issue-based problem solving, solution delivery and on going relationship management to ensure strategic use of technology in support of business objectives.
• Serve as IT contact for business partners; identify new emerging technologies, technological developments and market trends to be integrated into the business.
• Collaborate with IT Service Delivery and IT Infrastructure and Operations on systems analysis, application development and testing activities.
• In collaboration with IT Program/Project Management, monitor service/solution delivery ensuring that solutions meet the needs of the customer, are aligned with dynamic business drivers and are delivered on time and within budget constraints.
Requirements Basic Qualification
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• 10 - 12 years related experience
• Leadership experience managing several direct reports
• In depth understanding of client engagement, business operations and customer service with an emphasis on user requirements, design methodologies and systems development life cycle.
• BRM Professional Certifications
o Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP)
o Certified Business Relationship Manger (CBRM)
• Knowledge of Capability Maturing Model Integration (CMMI) methodologies
• ITIL Certified or ISO/IEC Foundation Certified
Skills and Abilities
The Director plays and advisory, facilitative, managerial and leadership role within the organization. This position interacts with all of the Brand business functions and all levels of staff and management. This position collaborates with IT Senior Leadership team. This role requires effective customer relationship skills and ability to effectively manage expectations. Additional skills and abilities include:
• Understands and utilizes the dynamics of power, organization, influence and decision making to achieve objectives
• Intellectually engaged, skillful, and responsible thinking that facilitates good judgment
• Is very adaptable when facing tough calls. Uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably
• Develops new insights into situations; questions conventional approaches; encourages new ideas; designs and implements new programs/processes
• Experience /in-depth knowledge of business, business requirements analysis and IT processes
• Ability to work autonomously