Director Business Development / Sales Director (State and local, and Federal IT services)
Falls Church, VA
The primary purpose of the Business Development/Sales Director is to Lead and develop new opportunities for
- State and local, and Federal IT services
- Human Services - Child Welfare and Benefits management systems
Role & Responisibilities
The position cultivates and/or assures sustained connection and exposure at the State, County, Federal, and city level, providing for operational stability and the financial capacity to serve more customers over time. The position also works in collaboration with public and private champions in the assigned state or business line. These activities are accomplished by performing the below essential duties and responsibilities. This position requires working from our corporate office with travel throughout the assigned region. As part of Sales this person will promote the CITI HHS line of products to State and local government in addition to IT services.
· Develop strategic plan for the assigned region, in alignment with the overall strategic plans to achieve growth targets.
· Identify tactics for increasing programmatic presence in the assigned region, state and business line including geographic priorities; political alliances and champions; challenging or opposing forces; outreach education and awareness strategies; milestones; schedule of activity; resources required to achieve success
· Establish a personal presence throughout the assigned region, state, and business line in order to build and maintain extensive networks among key constituencies.
· Partner with existing champions and stakeholders around strategy, direction, and approach to serving more customers in the assigned region, state and business line.
· Maintain current contacts in the contact relationship.
· Promote and coordinate activities of agencies, groups and individuals to meet identified needs
· Interpret needs, programs and services to agencies, groups and individuals involved and provide leadership and assistance
· Maintain contact with representatives of other organizations to exchange and update information on resources and services available
· Achieve Business unit growth in Product and IT services across all government agencies
· Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Business or related field preferred
· 10+ years of experience in service, marketing, sales, business development in State and local government
· Experience implementing Human services programs (Child Welfare, Child Care, SNAP/TANF, HeadStart, EBT etc.) is a plus.
· Experience working with local government (County and State) and human services organizations.
· Experience with Federal a plus