TOP (very prominent) Intl Real Estate Owner /Developer
Director Construction - Interiors
* Implement construction management activities for interior construction projects.
* Manage construction manager; oversee key sub-contractors, construction-associated consultants, and vendors to ensure conformance with contracts.
* Identify project risks and develop remediation plans to mitigate.
* Provide weekly status updates to internal team.
* Meet with department representatives, architects, engineers and consultants to establish project requirements, specifications and schedules.
* Assist in developing project budgets.
* Prepare project budget reports, including cash flows for approval.
* Prepare project presentations to articulate proposals and planned project logistics.
* Review contractor monthly pay applications for accuracy and required supporting documentation.
* Develop, monitor and maintain construction work schedule.
* Assist in the coordination, development and approval of architectural and engineering construction drawings with respect to budget, schedule and constructability.
* Solicit, prepare and evaluate bid documents and review contracts to ensure complete scope coverage.
* Prepare project documentation and attend project meetings.
* Inspect projects to ensure all work is performed to contract design specifications and in accordance with safety standards.
* Track hard and soft cost expenditures against project budgets and contracts; review and evaluate change orders and claims.
* Interface with regulatory agencies and project stakeholders to secure necessary approvals.
* Serve as liaison with tenants and their design and construction teams.
* Analyze lease documents to ensure compliance with owner obligations.
Technical Skills and Other:
* Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent to appropriate 4-year college program
* Minimum 5-10 years of construction management/supervisory experience with basic understanding of all facets of building construction
* OSHA 30-hour certification (or obtain within six months of hire)
* Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to maintain successful business relations
* Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
* Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex business documents
370 Lexington Ave -Suite 1802 New York, NY, 10017Contact