Senior Manager of Infrastructure - must have financial industry experience
Looking for a high level Hands on Senior Manager of Infrastructure: Windows, VMware 200-500 servers, networking, VOIP, video, storage, VMware, some Linux. 5,000 plus users all end user support 6 - people in Infrastructure
The Director of IT Infrastructure has responsibility for overseeing the company’s technology infrastructure and information systems management. This position is responsible for developing the overall strategy for infrastructure management and services.
This position oversees all technical processes and physical assets to ensure efficient, effective, reliable and secure technical operations. It also provides expert direction and oversight for major decisions around architecture and manages the deployment of new infrastructure within Company locations. Network management
- Server and storage management
- Voice systems
- End user computing (PCs, LANs/Wi-Fi, printers, phones and PDAs.)
- Oversee development and approve IT policies (including security and anti-virus programs), standards and best practices.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements including coordination with the Audit and Legal teams.
- Lead a multi-faceted IT department and infrastructure base.
- Develop and oversee execution of long-term strategic recommendations for company.
- Ability to oversee development of sophisticated processes and tools to manage reliable provision of services to users.
- Develop and implement long-term strategic purchasing decisions for vendor support and PC hardware.
- Set strategy for and oversee company’s security and Disaster Recovery.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with executives and employees.
- Set the direction and oversee development of training and other end-user support for company employees.
- 10-15 years information technology management experience, the majority in infrastructure management and infrastructure services provision (including people and team leadership)
- Investment / Asset Management or Real Estate experience at high performing, results-focused organization strongly preferred
- Expert knowledge of IT infrastructure processes, methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and audits.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. This position will report status and findings to the executive team on a regular basis.
- Expert understanding of how technology relates to business, market and industry and applies strategic planning and direction as it relates to high-level business and customer needs. Ten years’ experience working on executive teams.
- Expert with multiple languages and tools.
- Expert in emerging technologies.
- Skills related to operating platforms/software including: VMware, Cisco, Microsoft Active Directory, and Microsoft Exchange.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and deliver against service levels in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Experience of network/systems security.
- Technology integration experience.
- Experience liaising with business leaders to conduct needs analysis.
- Experience with Microsoft technologies including Office, Exchange, SQL, IIS, and others.
- Knowledge of storage area networks and advanced networking topology.
- Systems Architecture experience is preferred.
- Records management experience is preferred.
- Data analysis and related technologies for financial modeling preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or a related field
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Other industry certifications as appropriate.