3390 Peachtree Rd NE, Atlanta, GA, USADivision:
Cox AutomotiveJob Level:
Day JobRequisition Number:
Over the last six years, Clutch, a part of Cox Mobility Solutions Group, have built the leading software platform for automotive subscriptions. Now we are investing in extending the platform to manage and optimize mobility fleets of all kinds. The product will use data and algorithms to determine optimal fleet size and mix, to recommend buy and sell decisions, and to schedule fleet tasks optimally. We will provide this software to a variety of mobility businesses that are deploying fleets of vehicles in innovative ways to change consumer and business transportation.
We are looking for a Director of Product Management to lead our growth in these new markets. Your objective will be to work with current and future customers to shape offerings that meet their needs. Given the emerging nature of the market and our offerings, the role will include aspects of strategy, business development and sales, anchored by the core disciplines of customer-facing product management. You will work closely with the product owner and engineering team that is building the fleet platform. You will also partner widely across Cox Automotive to leverage our customer relationships and assets.
This is an exciting role that has the potential to shape the future of an industry and Cox Automotive's business. What You'll Do
Qualifications: Must Haves
- Adopt the mindset of the business owner with the objective of bring a new set of product offerings to market
- Prioritize and set direction: break down the market into discrete, actionable customer-product opportunities then pursue then systematically
- Engage customers, understand their needs, shape their thinking and develop a set of discrete offerings (product, price, positioning, etc.)
- Work with our sales and marketing teams to take the offerings to market
- Work closely with the product owner and engineers to understand what is possible and shape the development roadmap to support the product offerings
- As needed, form partnerships and pursue business development initiatives that accelerate our strategy
Nice to Haves
- 5 to 10 years as a market-facing product leader, including experience in strategy, sales or business development
- University degree or equivalent professional experience
- Possess the right traits: smart and forward thinking; structured but creative; conceptual and empirical; owner and influencer; tremendous ability to synthesize information; entrepreneurial with business acumen; owner and influencer; intuition for users and organizations; thrive with ambiguity.
- Strong conceptual thinker with ability to intuit customer needs and synthesize distinctive offerings that will succeed in the marketplace
- Expert ability to communicate and influence across the Clutch team and the wider Cox Automotive organization. Develop strong relationships and apply good judgement.
- Track record of being a thought leader with recognition as such by customers
- Automotive industry and / or fleet management experience.
- Experience with B2B marketplaces.
- Enterprise / B2B software experience.
- Understanding of financial and valuation concepts such as asset depreciation, discounted cash flows, and option valuation.
Who We Are About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.