Director Program Management
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The Director of Program Management is responsible to create and execute on Connected Enterprise engineering management operating system, manage projects as required, and contribute to strategy deployment of Connected Enterprise business. This position will provide leadership for a variety of product, process and system development programs across customer platforms. You will be responsible for programs including technical, financial and organizational elements. You will interface with technical managers, software engineers as well as support functions. You will be responsible for close interaction and support of strategic business initiatives including proposal development, strategic planning and customer support and product development. You will achieve breakthrough improvements in program performance through development and deployment of cost effective and proactive processes.
- Develop, deploy and ensure compliance of the strategic business management operating system and standard work. Support strategic planning (STRAP) and annual operation plan (AOP). Drive regular rhythm of staff meetings, communications, project updates and ensuring key deliverables are achieved.
- Establish and own a programmatic Management Operating System (MOS)
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and understand project priorities in the context of client expectations.
- Be the focal point for project delivery, timeline and resourcing issues
- Direct and provide guidance for domestic and/or global team member(s)
- Execute on scope, schedule, cost, delivery, and quality while demonstrating program
management skills in the following areas:
- Requirements Management and Fulfillment; Planning / Estimation, including resource, material, capital, and other needs;
- Scheduling, including resource-loading and critical path analysis;
- Detailed timelines, project plans, and funding budgeted for project deliverables and key milestones.
- Agile Earned Value Management;
- Risk Management (Identification & Mitigation);
- Reporting / Reviews, and Communications - Deliver scorecards and metrics reporting to drive better business performance
- Collaboration … capability to work across and influence multiple groups;
- Partner with key product management, business, PMO, engineering, customer and other representation to understand, define, prioritize, status, and deliver upon requirements within an ever-changing workload while still effectively setting, observing and re-evaluating project priorities often
- Facilitate forecasting and capacity analysis related to delivery requirements
- Establish and maintain the channels of communication necessary to assure timely
management awareness of program progress and issues
- Consistently present programmatic details, requirements, actions, and status to (senior)
leadership, technical, and functional audiences
You Must Have
- B.S in Computer Science, Mathematics, Marketing or Engineering
- MBA, M.S. and/or equivalent work experience would be preferable.
- Experience working with engineering/technology team, preferable in the industrial, commercial and consumer fields
- Experience managing projects in an Agile environment with proven ability to lead sizable, geographically dispersed and diverse teams from various internal and external organizations
- Expert level skill set in all aspects of Program Management including key tools and techniques such as scheduling, cost management, risk management, change control, concepts of balance of time, scope and resources, work breakdown structures and contracts, estimation methods, critical path analysis, and earned value techniques
- Self-aware/Learner: Push outside your comfort zone to learn and grow, objectively assess your own strengths and weaknesses, and take action to evolve.
- Project Management: A proven track record of leading projects and teams that successfully achieve milestones and complete deliverables. Excellent planning, execution and project-management skills.
- Results-Oriented: A driver who possesses the ability to take actions and implement effective solutions in a timely manner
- Problem Solver: A creative yet pragmatic problem solver. Methodical and hands-on as well as detail-oriented.
- Detail Oriented: A highly organized individual with the ability to evaluate competing priorities and choose the highest value path forward. Comfortable with details, can drive toward structure and standard work style.
- Teamwork and Interpersonal Skills: A team player; receptive to ideas from others. Shares information and keeps team members and partners informed. Works effectively with others to identify and resolve issues. Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact successfully with all levels of management as well as a diverse work force.
Exempt Created with Snap Establish executive business relationships Support customer satisfaction Drive growth Execute long-term business strategy
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: HRD27519
- Category: Business Management
- Location: 715 Peachtree Street, N.E., Atlanta, GA 30308 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.