Position is in Sioux Falls, SD
CHR Solutions is a Microsoft Gold Partner looking for an energized leader to join our team as a Director of Software Development. Do you enjoy working in an agile, fast-paced environment, having a direct impact on the business, and working with the latest Microsoft Technologies? If so, we want you!
Apply your passion, leadership and technical expertise in directing software development teams, oversee the development process and provide technical leadership, direction and mentoring for your managers and developers.
From a technical standpoint, the ideal candidate has strong background in web application development, a firm grasp of the latest Microsoft technologies, a vision for the future of Information Technology and stays apprised of philosophical and cultural shifts, and evolving best practices.
In this role you will:
- Work in a dynamic agile environment where best practices for delivering excellence is everything
- Participate in all phases of the software lifecycle including being a principal collaborator with product managers to define product requirement
- Partner with the management team in shaping a work environment that builds engagement, innovation and positive energy.
- Direct the development, implementation, release, and maintenance of CHR software applications in a .NET / Microsoft environment.
- Provide technical leadership, vision, management, and mentoring for multiple software teams, including external vendors
- Help lead the transformation of existing systems to modern platforms as part of an overall strategic plan.
- Create processes and supporting metrics to ensure efficiency and quality of application development implementation and maintenance
- Closely monitor the progress of each project, tracking deliverables and milestones.
- Drive a culture of quality and personal accountability through development and delivery teams
- Lead resource planning and project scheduling efforts using Agile/Scrum software development methodologies.
- Provide technical leadership - be unafraid to roll up your sleeves and work side by side with your engineers to deliver product
- Be in the exciting position to defining and enforce software standards
- Recruit, mentor and retain highly productive, self-driven cross-functional teams
- Foster culture of continuous improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
- Help promote and drive the adoption of modern technologies and methodologies.
Experience & Talents:
- At least 5 years in a technical leadership role, 10+ years developing web applications in C# and MVC
- Fluent in the fundamentals of software engineering, design patterns and application lifecycle management, source code control, build and deployment disciplines
- In depth understanding of web development with an emphasis on .NET technologies
- Familiarity with Agile or Lean project management and development practices
- Ability to drive a culture of quality, personal accountability, and strong relationships with internal and external colleagues and clients
- Entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrated ability to achieve goals in an innovative, fast-paced environment
- Proven success using performance metrics to drive down operational and technical debt.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal - will be working on a geographically diverse team.
Additional Skills Considered A Plus:
- Experience with telecommunications software applications (BSS/OSS - Business Support Systems/Operations Support Systems is beneficial but not required.
- Experience with MS Dynamics CRM
- Exposure to Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server
- User Experience / Usability focus
- Unit Testing Frameworks (MBUnit, nUnit, xUnit)
General office environment: Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
Physical Demands: Manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment; able to read, write, and interpret written documents; occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
About CHR Solutions:
CHR is the leading provider of BSS/OSS Software solutions, Engineering, and Managed IT and NOC services to Communications Service Providers (CSPs). This includes telephone, Internet, cable TV, utility providers and city municipalities. Our team of industry experts help companies grow revenue and improve operations.