Amkor is looking to hire an experienced technical director with strong cloud transformation experiences in our Tempe, AZ, or San Jose, CA office. An ideal candidate would have hands-on technical expertise of defining strategies & roadmap, building the business case for, and implementing cloud solutions that include SaaS, IaaS, PaaS as well as unique new technologies that are available only in the cloud. This role should also be commercially savvy and experienced with cloud contracts for effective cost estimation. Candidates should have demonstrated success in planning, change management as well as an aptitude for working well with people in a diverse international IT environment.
• Develop a cloud framework, financial and execution plan as Amkor's on-premise platforms evolve with cloud capabilities to drive efficiency and accelerate best practices.
• Drive cloud migration projects, security and cost controls, periodic reporting on operational and cost metrics, while ensuring best practices are implemented and manage the cloud transformation program.
• Lead the design and build new cloud infrastructure, applications, and services within cloud providers.
• Responsible for developing, tracking, and maintaining milestones, schedules, minutes, status reports, and other project artifacts and technical deliverables with the help of other leads.
• Lead operational and support aspects of a cloud program such as reviewing vendor/contracts, cost monitoring/control, communication plan, and documentation.
• Present operational, security and cost-related periodic reports to the IT senior management team.
• Deploy a best practice model of cloud computing including operational, security and cost controls.
• Work with in-house security experts to implement a security framework.
• Serve as a cloud expert for Amkor; create and lead a virtual team that can influence the organization on the value of cloud.
• Perform on-going research of the markets that Global Cloud Providers operate in, and each partners' competitive strategy.
• Assess existing systems to build the right criteria and scope of the cloud transition.
• Build implementation plans and manage the transition of on-premise systems to the cloud, working with diverse applications and infrastructure teams.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology related field is required; equivalent work experience may be considered.
• 8+ years of technical experience as a senior infrastructure leader in a cloud environment.
• Hands-on experience of an end-to-end implementation in an Enterprise scale environment with the latest cloud technologies/services (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud, etc.).
• Advanced knowledge in the following technology areas: core infrastructure, virtualization and migrating systems to cloud, cloud solutions, information management.
• Prior experience with cloud billing and pricing strategies and related toolsets to optimize cloud cost.
• Demonstrated experience with hybrid cloud solutions.
• Proven experience in managing multiple clouds.
• Master's degree in Information Technology, Business, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience is desired.
• Experience developing cloud-native applications/architecture (e.g. AI, Big Data, Analytics, etc.) is a plus.
• Experience with cloud security controls, logs, tools, and audit is a plus.
• Ability to partner and influence across functional teams with different mindsets and cultures is preferred.
• Efficient project management skills are desired.
Tempe, AZ, 85284