Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Director of Analytics, SDS provides leadership, analytic insight, and administrative support to senior Penn Medicine executives on market and financial analytics projects within the Director's assigned domain of responsibility. Analytical support will occasionally cross domain boundaries, and in these situations the Director will be expected to liaise with internal experts to address or hand off projects, as appropriate.
The Director, Analytics, SDS will manage a portfolio of projects and apply their consultative, analytical, and stakeholder management skills to drive positive change for Penn Medicine. The Director will work directly with senior Penn Medicine leaders and provide leadership and direction to their respective teams.
Primary responsibility for major system projects, as assigned.
• Key elements of both client support and project management include:
• Triaging, tracking, and ensuring delivery of requests.
• Serving as primary point of contact and team representative to the relevant client group.
• Working with stakeholders to identify potential issues or opportunities and develop data-driven work plans to address them.
• Executing analysis and/or overseeing analysis consistent with the work plan.
• Coordinating with team leadership and others as assigned to ensure analytics are aligned with system imperatives.
• Building consensus around key actions arising from their analysis.
• Providing active, visible, independent leadership on assigned initiatives.
• Oversee system support for assigned clients (e.g., hospital, service line, department) within an analytical domain (e.g., finance/market).
• Support maintenance and improvement of Penn Medicine data, analytics, and reporting infrastructure as directed by team leadership.
• Facilitate sharing of best practices across entities, service lines, and departments.
• Active and visible leaders within the department
• Hiring, management, and mentoring of less experienced analysts.
• Driving strategic thinking within the department
• Actively resolving operational issues with minimal or no direction.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
• Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of professional experience in a healthcare setting required.
• Master's degree and 8+ years of professional experience in a healthcare setting is preferred
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Motivated, high-energy individual; anticipates and removes roadblocks to meet deadlines and deliver work products
• Able to lead and influence a cross-functional group of leaders to consensus and action
• Strong project management skills
• Demonstrates innovative approaches in addressing business challenges that have not been solved by more
• traditional measures
• Can work effectively with a range of business, clinical, and academic leaders; can move projects forward in a
• setting of distributed accountability
• Able to translate complex information into simple explanations that everyone can understand
• Ability to drive multiple projects with overlapping timeframes
• Supervisory experience
As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.