Title: Director of Analytics
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Type: Direct Hire Full Time Employment
- Set the strategy and roadmap for the In-Game Descriptive Analytics team. Assess high-impact opportunities for the business and partner with other leaders across the company, including product, studio, finance, engineering, and sales to understand their analytical needs and then develop reports/insights/dashboards that meet those needs.
- Lead the team responsible for being the single source of truth for game revenue, engagement, and operations, sales, player experience, and reporting along with providing forecasts for sales, engagement and in-game monetization
- Ensure the team proactively performs as the first line of discovery highlighting shifts in the game mechanics, in-store anomalies, and player behavior
- Ensure the team delivers timely and dependable insights and intuitive automated tools for the Business Units, and Studio to make day-to-day decisions or address new discoveries, anomalies or issues
- Assist and support the team in designing reporting logic, performing UAT and developing both data models and instrumentation engineering requirements
- Provide leadership and consistency regarding standard processes to handle and answer recurring & ad-hoc reporting requests by different stakeholders
- Provide thought leadership in a number of areas: A|B testing, engagement and digital economy optimization, gamer profiling, churner profiling, and spender profiling, behavioral analysis, data strategy and analytic approaches
- Collaborate with and build relationships with other departments in the Global Analytics organization as well as the BU, studio, data and technology organizations
- Work with data engineers to build data pipelines, ETL processes and database schemas to ensure data is easily usable and dependable downstream.
- 9+ years of experience in database analytics translating very large, complex and multi-dimensional datasets into strong business narratives
- Deep understanding of database management, associated tools and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP databases, noSQL storage, database design, BI reporting and dashboard development
- Master's degree preferred in decision sciences, mathematics, statistics, computer science / engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of managing, recruiting and scaling highly productive analytics teams including analytic managers
- An ability to write very complex SQL queries. (ETL and Python experience a plus.)
- Driven, proactive, self-starter and quick learner. Able to hear a business need in a meeting, quickly bring some insight into the discussion and proactively spin up an analysis with recommendations for timely delivery to the business.
- Experience working in cloud based database platforms such as Redshift and expansive / disparate data sets (gaming, personalized e-commerce, financial services, streaming) and understanding of ETL processes
- Uncanny ability to build relationships with partners, peers and stakeholders motivating others align and drive towards best practices, aligned methodologies and objective decision making
- A passion for diving into and experiencing the games and experiences. Client produces to ensure we are driving the best player experience, and the strongest data-driven recommendations out of our rich data sets
To indicate your desire to be considered for this role, please complete and return this very brief questionnaire:
Work Authorization/VISA Status:
Expected Pay rate on C2C/W2:
Updated Resume and your experiences with above job description.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Thanks & Regards
Lokesh (Luke) | Talent Acquisition Specialist
i Space Inc | El Segundo, California 90245
Tel: 310-929-2426 | Fax: 310-563-3801