Our client is currently seeking a Director of Application and Data Base Services
The Director of Application and Data Base Services improves business processes and supports critical business strategies by managing the development, implementation, and maintenance of business applications systems supporting our Finance, Commercial and Operations / Manufacturing colleagues. Leverages IT solutions and technologies to enable business objectives and strategy achievement. Provides direction for the application team. Develops the overall applications strategy and directs execution of departmental activities. Reporting to the CIO, the Director of Application & Data Base Services will be key member of the IT management team. The position requires building strong relationships across departments such as Human Resources, Legal, Customer Service, Sales, Quality, Engineering, Operations and Finance as the IT channel for business engagement.
* Responsible for managing the support of the Production business applications including system modifications and maintenance
* Responsible for business relationships, application performance, and the identification and delivery of new and existing application services to meet the business users known and emerging needs.
* Communicate with all functional disciplines and gather their business requirements for IT applications.
* Translate the business requirements into IT requirements and manage the resulting demand according to the priorities defined by the business and IT strategies.
* Review/ update the application strategy for technical applications and contribute to IT strategy.
* Manage the portfolio of applications and the life-cycles of the ERP, Shipping, Supplier and Customer integration and Supply Chain business applications, including change management.
* Manage and lead Oracle ERP/e-Business Suite Applications and Data Base implementations and support.
* Manage and lead MS SQL Server and SSIS/ SSRS data ETL activites.
* Responsible for adoption and support of digital workplace and collaboration tools in particular Office 365/ Sharepoint / Teams / OneDrive.
* Identify solutions and providers, define sourcing approach and manage the providers.
* Contribute to the solution design for applications (in collaboration with external partners and Business colleagues).
* Lead IT application support and solution delivery resources in Business Analyst function.
* Manage the budget for applications and contribute to the annual planning cycle.
* Bachelor's degree preferred and 10+ years' overall experience in IT with increased duties.
* Deep functional and technical knowledge in area of Oracle ERP/e-Business Suite and data bases.
* Strong skills and technical knowledge in data ETL, data marts and reporting, specifically with SQL Server, SSIS/SSRS and Power BI
* Experience with EDI integration and preferred with Liaison EDI software
* Travel to BBB locations in USA, Canada and Mexico up to 50% of time (higher during Oracle Implementations)
* Ability to strategize, plan and implement application systems change
* Outstanding ability in managing and monitoring business application utilization and performance
* Possess critical thinking and investigation skills, including root cause analysis
* Ability to foster effective working relationships and build consensus across functions
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are required.
* Essential qualities include organizational skills, effective time management, and the ability to work independently, attention to detail, positive client service attitude, the ability to multi-task, and the ability to be flexible with changing priorities. Demonstrated ability to work well in and adapt to a team, take direction, follow stated processes.
* Strong hands-on management capabilities, leadership, coaching, and people management skills
* Possess a strong business and customer/client focus.
* Experience with deep understanding of IT Applications and Technology in digital space
* Very strong collaboration, negotiation, and influence capability required
Core Skill Requirements:
* 5+ years of knowledge and experience with Oracle ERP / e-Business Suite application and data base
* 3-4 years of working knowledge of MS SQL Server using SSIS, SSRS utilities
* 2-3 years of data marts and warehouse reporting using SQL and Power BI
* 3-4 years of experience of team management
* 3-4 year of experience with application and data base support
* 3-4 years of MS Office 365 productivity suite products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
* 2-3 years of MS Office 365 collaboration tools (Sharepoint, Teams, OneDrive)
* 2+ years of experience with Electronic Data Interface (EDI)
* Knowledge and experience with EDI tool Liaison.
* Data Base Administration / Analyst experience in Oracle and MS SQL Server
* BS in Information Systems, Computer Science or combination of scholastic/work experience